Product Serviceability Upgrade Senior Manager
The role requires a blend of deep and broad understanding of HCM systems functionality with a strong understanding of associated HCM services delivery processes.
This will require the ability to develop, communicate, and gain organizational buy-in on clear visions of future experience tied to upgrading our existing customer base to new product/applications capabilities for multiple years.
An understanding of service delivery staffing models tied with clear customer project volume and timeline for multiple product upgrades are important components of this role. This role is part of product development teams – A strong ability to participate in, and at times play a leading role, in product architecture discussions are required for this role.
This role would be responsible for creating and socializing a new approach and strategy to produce mass upgrades for all our customers and multiple product offerings.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
This position would work closely with many customer facing organization such as the Services and Executive Relationship Management Teams to understand the needs of our customers and the risks associated with moving customers across to new product offerings and platforms. But more specifically this position will be responsible for the direction of the already established Product Upgrade Team in collaboration with the Dev PMO and Product Management teams and leaders to gather the business requirements and needs of our business in order to drive a holistic strategy. This strategy will serve to deliver a seamless customer and user experience to effectively perform the upgrades of thousands of customers within a cost effective and scalable framework. The area of responsibilities includes offerings within the HCM domain and would include other domains in the support of these offerings; such as process automation.
The successful candidate will:
- span many activities from strategic to tactical
- have a thorough understanding of product life cycle through the lenses of product development, customer experience, and services delivery perspectives
- capable of financial analysis to determine solution profitability and ROI
- have experience in customer journey/experience mapping, and general Customer Experience Management techniques
- be technically knowledgeable to determine the usability and integration options within the HCM domain
- have experience in performing make, buy, or build analysis
- have ability to socialize strategies and gain consensus across the various stakeholder groups
Manages and coordinates the PDIS organization-wide efforts to ensure that tools and platform technology strategies are aligned with the customer upgrade vision and roadmap. Engages Services Post Live organization teams to align delivery strategies of consulting engagements to offer additional assistance to customers during and after the upgrade projects.
Primary Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Ability to derive business value from proposed initiatives, as well as define and manage prioritization system based on value vs. effort with other business initiatives.
- Maintaining the ability to communicate how emerging technologies can support business value
- Lead one or many complex, high-visibility projects.
- Collaborate and drive change at every level & function in the organization
- Positively influence all levels of management to ensure that Customer upgrade delivery activities receive the necessary support and are resourced sufficiently to implement our strategy and solutions.
- Create effective working relationships with fellow team members and internal partners, measured through observation, metrics and feedback.
- Determines internal and external customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future offerings technology solutions by reviewing specifications and requirements; appraising new functionality ideas and/or technology changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing Ultimate’s product offerings upgrade capabilities to competitors’ and other “best in class” industries delivering similar solutions.
- Obtains opportunity sizing by working with internal PDIS leadership to develop appropriate technology and solution strategies.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term delivery roadmaps, reports, and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Brings new solutions to market by analyzing proposed requirements and development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with Services, PDIS, and possibly third party providers.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains team staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Leadership qualities and experience.
- Proven track record of delivering desired outcomes through process improvements that yielded measureable results with specific focus on impact to People and Customers
- Excellent communicator
- Knowledge of SaaS offerings and cloud base operations
- Working knowledge of database and application implementation technologies
- Working knowledge of Windows, Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of (or ability to learn) Visio or other workflow mapping tools.
- Knowledge of general database concepts.
- Interpersonal skills for interaction with various individuals/departments/outside sources.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Attention to detail with commitment to accuracy.
- Troubleshooting, research and analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret data and make recommendations.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Services Delivery Business (Customer Support, Professional Services, Outsourcing, operation of customer upgrades, etc.)
- Management experience of minimum 5 years, – preferred management of managers or director level
- Experience with Salesforce CRM a plus
Back to top