Product Research Manager
If you're a bit of a mad scientist with a passion for understanding people and how to make their work lives easier, keep reading.
About the Team:
Here at Ultimate Software we are driven by one thing above all else: putting people first. It's not only the nature of our software, it's the key ingredient to the culture of our company. It is this ideal that drives our passion for finding simple solutions to complex problems, for building software that can adapt and evolve, and for creating amazing user experiences that not only get the job done, but delight our users along the way.
Check out these short videos about design and engineering at Ultimate Software:
- Ultimate Software on Great User Experience
- Software Engineering: Careers at Ultimate Software
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Collaborate with your peers as a member of our design leadership team, targeting areas for design innovation while creating and maintaining artifacts to be used by the team and stakeholders. Lead a team handling multiple market experiments to ensure customer feedback is incorporated into agile software development. As we grow, expand the research program to include measuring our brand response, approachability, and accessibility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and contribute to Ultimate Software team culture
- Facilitate and manage user research program
- Participate in supporting each researcher along their career path
- Lead the user research team in lean product research methodology
- Closely pair with product owners to prioritize research needs
- Monitor a consistent overall product experience across domains
- General people management responsibilities
- 5+ or more years of experience in software product development and/or product research
- A./B.S. or higher in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Industrial Design, New Media, or an equivalent experience
- Cross-organizational stakeholder management
- Lean product research methodology experience
- Team leadership and management experience
- Mastery of a variety of user research techniques
- Familiarity with Pendo, Invision, and Jira software products
- HRMS/Payroll industry experience
Travel Requirement: Up to 20% travel (as needed).
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top