Product Development Project Manager, Level II
Ultimate Software is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our fast-paced PMO team. Our PMO team provides leadership and organization for key operational and strategic business projects, which typically cross multiple divisions within the company. This Project Manager role crosses all processes and phases of the project management lifecycle.
Qualified candidates possess broad experience managing technical and critical business related projects. This position demands strong organizational skills and problem-solving expertise, while working with current and emerging technologies, and managing team dynamics. Excellent project management skills, team orientation, flexibility, innovative thinking, and self-motivation are required for success.
This is your opportunity to capitalize on the project management wisdom and insight you have achieved! Our company is growing and our Project Management Office has opportunities providing both challenges and recognition for your successes. Apply online now for our Project Manager position.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Partners with business owners, team members and other key personnel across various departments to plan, develop and manage key product development projects.
- Ensure project plans and related activities support key organization business objectives and major deliverables.
- Facilitate appropriate communication methods and tracking tools to ensure identification and management of risks, mitigation strategies, plan activities, dependencies, impacts, escalation channels, financial budget and detailed project documentation.
- Identify appropriate resources for definition and validation requirements / specifications within project scope.
- Resolve project issues to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction expectations.
- Responsible for overseeing and consolidating overall project status reporting to executive management.
- Evaluate, negotiate, and prioritize work requests for effective resource management.
- Manage Statement of Work (3rd party vendor) through project lifecycle to ensure all contracted deliverables have been achieved.
- Support our company's project management best practices and provide feedback to improve the processes.
- Support and assist team members in process improvements.
- Responsible for adhering to all relevant ISO ISMS policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Project Management, Agile Development Methodology, and managing direct and matrixed project teams.
- Has a strong background and understanding of product development, product readiness, and go-to market strategy and processes.
- Experience with front-end development tools and processes as well as back-end operations and administration.
- Experience implementing Saas products
- 5-10 years' experience in successfully leading and managing multiple medium to large size technical, operational and strategic business projects, with varying complexity and moderate impact.
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Understanding or experience with application deployment & information systems planning.
- Working knowledge of project management lifecycle, tools and techniques.
- Comfortable working on multiple simultaneous projects with a varied technology focus.
- Ability to collect data to proactively manage project health and challenge project teams to ensure project efficiency.
- Ability to multi-task without losing focus.
- Ability to insert yourself as an integral contributor into multiple project teams with different team members and personalities.
- Ability to manage risk and appropriately elevate issues to drive project efficiency.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or combination of education and experience in a business discipline (HR, Finance, Project Management) and training
- Project Management Certification preferred (PMP).
Travel Requirement: 5%
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top