Ultimate Software is seeking a Privacy Analyst to work with teams across the company to advise, implement and maintain the global privacy program. The ideal candidate has prior Privacy experience and is familiar with SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) Products and Services. The Privacy Analyst will contribute to the privacy management program serving as a subject matter expert regarding privacy principles on projects across the company, conducting privacy regulatory research, maintaining policies, procedures and other compliance documentation. We look for folks who pay attention to detail and enjoy finding creative and thoughtful solutions to a variety of compliance challenges in a rapidly evolving field. If that sounds like you apply today.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2017 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create necessary documentation and guiding materials on Ultimate Software data privacy strategy and governance model.
- Work to integrate and maintain Privacy by Design principles with the Product, Development and Services teams to ensure that data use meets established compliance requirements.
- Develop and conduct regular privacy impact assessments of operational processes, identifying, and mitigating privacy risks across the company through effective tools, training and guidance.
- Collaborate with multiple teams including HR, Legal, Product, Development, Services, Security and other internal stakeholders for enterprise wide coverage of the privacy function.
- Assist business units to develop corrective action plans for identified privacy compliance issues.
- Conduct and maintain EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss-US Privacy Shield registrations.
- Follow evolving privacy regulations and laws globally and ensure the business is aware and prepared.
- 3 years minimum privacy risk management or data protection experience
- Knowledge of Privacy Shield, European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), e-Privacy Directive, Canada Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), the British Columbia and Alberta Personal Information Protection Act(s), and the Ontario Act Respecting the Protection of Personal Information in the Private Sector and Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Cross Border Privacy Rules (CBPR) system.
- Experience conducting and creating Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Knowledge of the data lifecycle and impact to privacy controls.
- Knowledge of cookie consents and digital marketing privacy considerations.
- Exposure to or have knowledge of ISO 27001/27002 and 27018, SOC 1 and SOC 2 Type 2.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Management Information Systems (MIS) or other related areas helpful
- CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPP/C, CIPM, FIP or CIPT preferred
- CISA, CIA, CISSP or advanced degree (MBA, JD) (a plus)
- Occasional travel may be expected.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statues.
Back to top