Principal Software Architect
Ultimate Software is looking to hire a Principal Software Architect. This person will serve as a member of our Architectural leadership team with oversight of all software architecture. They will set the strategic direction and define the principles that shape our software development and technology adoption practices here at Ultimate. As a leader in the development organization this person will be responsible building a culture that inspires technical experimentation and empowers our development teams to make sound technical and architectural decisions.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Apply now to join our Award Winning Product Development Team!
- Perform architectural analysis and design for systems spanning the Ultimate Software products and services portfolio
- Partner with various business stakeholders and technology leaders to translate program requirements into technical solutions and system designs
- Document and communicate designs, estimates, and implementation plans to program stakeholders
- Collaborate with other members of the Core Technologies Services team, including architects and technical leads, to evaluate solutions and gain consensus on technical direction
- Research, design, test, and evaluate new technologies and vendor solutions
- Implement POCs and pair with technical leads on implementations
- Maintain an organization-wide view of current and future business and application architecture to provide solutions that integrate into the overall architectural vision and strategy
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
- 10-12+ years of technical leadership and architecture experience in software development
- 6-8+ years' experience designing and delivering large scale distributed systems (ideally using modern SOA patterns and REST)
- Solid understanding of security/access control, scalability, high availability, and concurrency patterns
- Flexibility and creativity in solution design - including leveraging emerging technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives
- Ability to communicate and apply common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems
- Prior experience with at least one major IaaS and/or PaaS technology (OpenStack, AWS, Heroku, etc.)
- Prior experience with relational and non-relational database technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Prior experience with agile development, continuous delivery, and DevOps
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and related technologies (hardware, virtualization, networking)
- Proficient in at least one static OO language (C#, Java)
- Proficient in current development tools (Visual Studio, Eclipse, Git, SVN)
Travel Requirement: (Use percentages)
- 10-20% travel to other ultimate Software Offices will be required.
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top