Do you possess a passion for solving problems and take pride in knowing your contributions improve the quality of service people rely on? If you'd like to work on a dynamic team helping to improve the quality of Ultimate Software's cloud based solutions, apply to join our Prevention Management Team today.
As a Prevention Manager your primary responsibility is to improve the quality of product and service. This is achieved by identifying underlying flaws or inefficiencies in systems and processes and putting in place the actions to ensure they are addressed within business constraints. The Prevention Manager must be capable of understanding and analyzing complex and often conflicting information, determining a course of action and securing commitment from internal teams to deliver improvement. To be successful it will be necessary to acquire a comprehensive understanding of technology and processes and to build respect and excellent working relationships with multiple development teams. All aspects of the work will be well structured and conducted utilizing ITIL practices adapted for UltiPro service offerings.
Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 for "100 Best Places to Work For" in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials," #5 on Fortune's "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity," and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
Take a look at our company culture: https://youtu.be/JrHGFIWX2R4
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Determine root cause and resolution of incidents affecting product and service
- Reduce incident volume
- Analyze incident information and documentation to assess the performance of systems and processes
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to refine operating processes and procedures to deliver solutions and services more efficiently
- Establish a weekly operating cycle to review and provide status updates on all outstanding problem cases
- Liaise closely with development to prioritize improvement activities to secure commitment for resolution and actively track progress until a solution is passed to change management
- Create and deliver external content regarding product deficiencies
- Undertake post incident reviews and produce associated documentation and tasks
- Identify areas for improvement and add relevant entries to the problem database.
- Accept 'proactive' problems from any contributor and add them to the problem database for assessment
- Initiate a service improvement plan where significant efforts are necessary
- Manage and maintain information stored in the problem database
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of product development and operations
- Experience as a software engineer on enterprise projects
- Experience developing web solutions in the cloud
- Experience with SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) solutions
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Computer networking skill and technical understanding
- Knowledge of UltiPro HRMS and Payroll products is a plus
- Working experience within Product Development and Operations Management frameworks such as ITIL or DevOps.
- Able to transform data into insightful and easy to absorb message
- Good working knowledge of MS-Office and Reporting tools
- Knowledge of CRM tools (Salesforce)
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Team oriented
- Positive team player attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of organizational skills
- Self-motivated and willing to "do what it takes" to get the job done
Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request.
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top