Ultimate Software is seeking a technology Portfolio Manager to partner with Divisional Stakeholder(s) to create a comprehensive project pipeline. The role will maintain a strategic view of how various projects fit within business objectives, is responsible for the facilitation of project prioritization, and provides high level project oversight/reporting as it relates to the overall divisional portfolio roadmap.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Serves as primary point of contact for assigned Divisional Stakeholder(s) with regard to the evaluation, negotiation, identification of business value, and prioritization of requests.
- Works with Information Services to identify resources necessary to deliver projects.
- Develops and maintains high level portfolio roadmaps.
- Drives portfolio visibility, project awareness and project completion.
- Responsible for delivering portfolio reporting to stakeholders.
- 7+ years of experience in technology Project Management with 5+ years successfully managing large application deployments.
- Effective negotiation, collaboration, communication, interpersonal, organizational, decision-making, analytical reasoning and partnering skills.
- Superior project planning skills with ability to conceptualize outcomes and identify trends.
- Influence – Ability to influence without direct authority over the resources.
- Critical Thinking – Anticipates and removes obstacles to success.
- Customer Service – Maintains clear communication and monitors satisfaction.
- Flexible - Acts as a change agent.
- Experience as a Portfolio Manager.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Working knowledge of collaboration and project management tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or combination of education and experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification required
Travel Requirement: 0-5%
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top