Performance Test Engineer
Ultimate Software is seeking a Performance Test Engineer that is part developer - developing performance, stability, scalability, and reliability tests - and part tester - executing tests and doing root cause analysis. Our test platform is an enterprise .Net Web application that we deliver in our own private cloud. This position is open to Ultimate Software's offices in Atlanta and headquarters in Weston, Florida, which is just outside of Fort Lauderdale.
The Performance, Stability, Scalability, and Reliability (PSR) Team at Ultimate Software is run by PSR engineers, decisions are made by PSR engineers, and all our success depends on our PSR engineers.
Aside from the custom tools our team develops, we use some of the best PSR testing software available to purchase. After some time on the team, if you feel we could use other tools, open source or for purchase, no problem, let's put together a Proof of Concept and study it. We have our own budget for software and even a budget for team building and having fun.
Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 for "100 Best Places to Work For" in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials," #5 on Fortune's "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity," and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
Software testing at Ultimate Software- Top 20 Place to Work: http://youtu.be/415TR1BEzyY
Take a look at our company culture: https://youtu.be/JrHGFIWX2R4
Check out how we give our employees the chance to work on whatever project they want for 48 hours! http://bit.ly/1AumZp2
- Ensure quality for our customers by validating Performance, Stability, Scalability, and Reliability in our HCM software solutions
- Discover thresholds and data impact
- Design and Develop automated Performance, Stability, Scalability, and Reliability tests
- Participate in the constant improvement of our Performance Test Automation practices
- Architect and develop your own tools to facilitate and enhance Performance Testing
- Debug, troubleshoot, and work with team members to find and fix software defects
- Testing at the System, Sub-System, and Component level
- Create reports that describe detected defects and possible causes
- Provide Performance and Scalability analysis and feedback on any of our HCM software systems
- Gain a technical and functional understanding of our product architecture and become part of the ongoing improvement of the performance of our enterprise application
- Communicate with product analyst in creating acceptance tests as part of the requirements, and execute those tests with whatever automation tools necessary
- Work proactively with members of an Agile team to find and fix defects in our product architecture
- Analyze defects / test results and be able to deduct the chain of events leading to a failure
- Write SQL code as part of data setup, in order to conduct performance tests
- Communicate critical issues and status updates in a timely manner to Kanban team
- Tenacity to take each performance issue as far as possible, often to the point of being able to suggest a fix
- Entrepreneurial spirit to get great things done for the team and the business
- Min 3 years experience using automated test tools for Functional and/or Performance, Stability, Scalability, and Reliability testing using LoadRunner, WebTest, JMeter, Watir, Fit, FitNesse, Ruby or others
- Min 3 years of object oriented programming experience, with C#, Java, Ruby, or C++
- Min 3 years SQL experience and an ability to write intermediate to complex SQL code
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience developing your own testing tools to facilitate performance testing is a major plus
- Microsoft .NET
- Microsoft IIS Web server
- Ability to work as part of a self-directed Agile team
- Any Agile Software Development experience such as Kanban, Test First Development, Test Driven Development, Extreme Programming
Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top