Performance Test Engineer
Ultimate Software is seeking a Performance Test Engineer that is part developer – developing performance, stability, scalability, and reliability tests – and part tester – executing tests and doing root cause analysis. Our test platform is an enterprise .Net Web application that we deliver in our own private cloud. This position is located within Ultimate Software’s headquarters in Weston, Florida, which is just outside of Fort Lauderdale, FL and was ranked in the top 100 places in America for families to live.
The Performance, Stability, Scalability, and Reliability (PSR) Team at Ultimate Software is run by PSR engineers, decisions are made by PSR engineers, and all our success depends on our PSR engineers.
Aside from the custom tools our team develops, we use some of the best PSR testing software available to purchase. After some time on the team, if you feel we could use other tools, open source or for purchase, no problem, let’s put together a Proof of Concept and study it. We have our own budget for software and even a budget for team building and having fun.
Ultimate Software works in an agile environment with daily standups and code reviews as well as constant communication within each self-managed cross functional team. The ability to communicate effectively with Software Engineers, Product Analysts and QA’s, as well as work closely with other team members are key components for success in this position.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Our CEO Scott Scherr was ranked #2 on Glassdoor’s CEO 2016 List!
Take a look at our company culture: https://youtu.be/JrHGFIWX2R4
Check out how we give our employees the chance to work on whatever project they want for 48 hours! http://bit.ly/1AumZp2
Apply Now to join our Award Winning Product Development Team!
- Ensure quality for our customers by validating Performance, Stability, Scalability, and Reliability in our HCM software solutions
- Discover thresholds and data impact
- Design and Develop automated Performance, Stability, Scalability, and Reliability tests
- Participate in the constant improvement of our Performance Test Automation practices
- Architect and develop your own tools to facilitate and enhance Performance Testing
- Debug, troubleshoot, and work with team members to find and fix software defects
- Testing at the System, Sub-System, and Component level
- Create reports that describe detected defects and possible causes
- Provide Performance and Scalability analysis and feedback on any of our HCM software systems
- Gain a technical and functional understanding of our product architecture and become part of the ongoing improvement of the performance of our enterprise application
- Communicate with product analyst in creating acceptance tests as part of the requirements, and execute those tests with whatever automation tools necessary
- Work proactively with members of an Agile team to find and fix defects in our product architecture
- Analyze defects / test results and be able to deduct the chain of events leading to a failure
- Write SQL code as part of data setup, in order to conduct performance tests
- Communicate critical issues and status updates in a timely manner to Kanban team
- Tenacity to take each performance issue as far as possible, often to the point of being able to suggest a fix
- Entrepreneurial spirit to get great things done for the team and the business
- Min 3 years experience using automated test tools for Functional and/or Performance, Stability, Scalability, and Reliability testing using LoadRunner, WebTest, JMeter, Watir, Fit, FitNesse, Ruby or others
- Min 3 years of object oriented programming experience, with C#, Java, Ruby, or C++
- Min 3 years SQL experience and an ability to write intermediate to complex SQL code
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience developing your own testing tools to facilitate performance testing is a major plus
- Ability to work as part of a self-directed Agile team
- Any Agile Software Development experience such as Kanban, Test First Development, Test Driven Development, Extreme Programming
- Self-motivated and willing to “do what it takes” to get the job done
- High degree of organizational skills
- Team player
- Detail oriented
Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request
Back to top