People Operations Specialist
We are looking for a passionate, engaging and driven People Operations Specialist to join our growing People Team. The People Operations Specialist will work closely with leaders, Payroll and Talent Acquisition, to support our Peeps and their journey at US from an operational perspective. The People Operations Specialist processes all lifecycle and organizational changes for our Peeps, including onboarding, transfers, manager changes, promotions, etc. using various tools and systems. Additional support areas include conducting verifications of employment, facilitating immigration requests, and supporting special internal projects.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2017 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a main point of contact for all internal partners (Talent Team, Payroll, Managers, etc.) and new hires during employee lifecycle changes and the onboarding process.
- Responsible for processing a variety of employment-related changes (offers, transfers and promotions) within our internal systems in a timely manner.
- Communicate with new hires and managers as needed during onboarding process as well as during any Peeps’ lifecycle changes.
- Manage the People Operations Mailbox, serving as the first point of contact to multiple inquiries, facilitating communication amongst parties and/or providing direction.
- Review I-9s and process new hires in E-Verify system with proper identification collected within 3 days of hire.
- Coordinate background screening process via our external partner.
- Process termination notices for interns/temps/contractors.
- Work with Legal on immigration matters and maintain current records for employee Visas/Employment Authorization Cards and follow-up prior to expiration for updated documents.
- Process verification of employments using internal BI functionality.
- Work with Total Rewards and HRIS Teams on special projects, including job code restructuring and year-end processes.
- Assist in the development and documentation of standard operating procedures, ensuring all are kept up-to-date.
- Conduct Time Sensitive Audits (i.e. I-9, New Hire, etc.).
- Maintain employee records and ensure they are kept accurate and up-to-date in DocLink (e-filing system).
- 3+ years of Human Resources experience
- Experience with immigration/visas
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; Ability to communicate with a variety of individuals and groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Strong judgment abilities/skills as well as initiative
- Able to prioritize and deliver timely work
- Must have the ability to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures
- Able to work both independently and as a part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity
- Able to meet deadlines while juggling multiple projects/tasks; effective multitasker
- Experience with UltiPro (specifically core and Onboarding)
- A./B.S. in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of related Human Resources experience
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statues.
Back to top