People Operations Manager
The People Operations Manager is an operational, process-driven and “roll up your sleeves” role that oversees general HR administration, employment compliance, onboarding, background checks, I-9 processing, FLSA tests, and immigration matters. This individual will be responsible for enhancing and revamping current processes while leading and developing a small team of HR Specialists.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements and document them in consistent, visually appealing templates.
- Lead the development of People Operations team goals and objectives.
- Spearhead and lead from inception to completion special Human Resources projects, which at times will involve cross-departmental team members.
- Manage new hire onboarding administration process, ensuring a seamless and best-in-class transition.
- Manage and process organizational changes (promotions, transfers, etc.) and work closely with HRIS to create and maintain hierarchy and job code designations.
- Partner closely with Talent Acquisition, HRIS and Payroll departments to ensure compliance with respect to employment law matters.
- Partner with People Advocates in other offices to ensure state & local employment regulations are properly posted and maintained.
- Oversee electronic filing project in partnership with Accounting and Payroll.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws, including Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Communicate any employment law updates/changes to organization.
- Develop and maintain affirmative action program; file Employer Information Report EEO-1 annually; maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- May be asked to enhance and maintain certain People “spaces” in Ultipro and/or UltiHome portals.
- 8+ years of related HR experience in multiple areas, notably HR Generalist, Compensation Administration, HRIS/Analytics, I-9 Processing, Immigration, and EEO-1.
- 2+ years of management experience required.
- High proficiency to expert in Microsoft Office Suite, primarily in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Strong experience in regulatory employment law, specifically as it relates to Immigration, FLSA and EEO-1.
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment.
- PHR professional designation preferred.
- Passion for innovative HR Solutions and process improvement. Demonstrated experience driving process improvements and specific skills in Kaizen or Lean Six Sigma methodologies preferred.
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to set priorities, meet challenging deadlines and quickly get up to speed.
- Self-directed individual with initiative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Project management and strategic planning skills.
- Collaborative and a team player.
- Ability to work with groups and teams to identify issues and solve problems.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity.
- Can effectively coach and develop professionals.
- Showcases diplomacy, professional maturity, and an ability to keep confidences.
- Customer service oriented and has an ability to listen and understand business priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Ability to partner with employees at all levels, including senior executives.
- Flexible and has an ability and willingness to continue to learn.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field required.
Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top