Ultimate Software is seeking a people focused, highly energetic, and experienced individual to join our People Team as People Advocate to serve our employees. The People Advocate delivers a comprehensive range of value added Human Resources practices, programs and services, specifically Benefits, Employee Relations, and Onboarding/Training for our employees in Georgia (position location will be split between Atlanta and Alpharetta). This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Provide information to employees on matters day-to-day pertaining to benefits, employee transactions, processes and records (act as first POC).
- Support employees and leaders on employee relation matters, providing coaching as needed and works closely with Chief People Officer on all employee relation matters.
- Provides advice and counsel to managers regarding employee practices, policy and employment laws.
- First point of contact for terminations for regular full-time & part-time employees, including collection of resignation letter, exit interview, final pay, etc.
- Follows-ups on collection of signed termination letter, return of company property and any outstanding issues.
- Reviews/coaches termination process/requirements with managers for involuntary terminations and coordinates process with Chief People Officer.
- Reviews termination process/expectations with employees if resigned.
- Manages processing/writing of involuntary termination letters with managers.
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Processes timely UPS notices for all regular full-time & part-time terminations
- Processes DOL 800 for all terminations on a timely manner.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Communicates accordingly with other members of People Team/Payroll Dept as needed to service our employees.
- Assists the Benefits team with coordinating benefit fair, webcast, seminars as needed.
- Facilitates onboarding sessions for new hires on a weekly basis as needed.
- Works closely with the Employee Experience Team to coordinate onboarding process.
- Minimum of 5+ years of related HR experience, including Benefits Administration, Employee Relations and Onboarding.
- Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations required.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures is preferred.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent communication and organization skills are required.
- Project and team management/leadership skills and experience.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
- Can effectively plan and set priorities.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs.
- Energetic and self-driven.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Strong initiative and solid judgment abilities/skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- PHR, CP or SCP certification preferred
- Regular/frequent travel between Atlanta and Alpharetta sites (~50%).
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top