Payroll Tax Representative
The Named Tax Representative will assist with the establishment of required processes for supporting our tax filing service customers and the on-going support of an identified customer base.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
Through employing exception quality service and effective communications with our customers and internal business partners, the NTR will:
- Provide the day to day support for an identified group of UltiPro Tax Filing Service customers.
- Follow-up on Salesforce Cases for tax inquires through resolution.
- Maintain customer master data, including jurisdictional data. Ensure accurate data maintenance to avoid discrepancies that result in late payments and/or failure to file returns accurately.
- Handle customer escalations and provide Critical Care support as necessary.
- Works with customer to ensure required legal and Tax Filing Service forms are signed and filed with appropriate taxing authority.
- Handle or initiate customer escalations regarding tax issues.
- Works with the appropriate team members to timely address and resolve issues relating to tax inquiries, amendments, tax notices, reconciliation discrepancies, and quarter-end or year-end issues to avoid or minimize late penalties and interest changes.
- Conduct and/or participate in Client Conference Calls to address service issues, research, and resolve tax issues.
- Conduct training for new and existing client on procedures, processes, and systems.
- Create Salesforce Knowledge Articles to support the team.
- Maintain the Ultimate Software support methodology and best practices.
- Provide after-hours support and act as department liaison as needed.
- Builds and maintains strong peer relationships within the team and across the organization.
- 3-5 years United States multi-state and local payroll tax filing experience
- Must be able to manage customer base in organized, proactive and independent manner to meet all required time frames and commitments
- Expected to work overtime as required during any time sensitive job assignments possibly involving attendance on weekends
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, and Excel
- Experience with the payroll tax filing service bureau
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ultimate Software product knowledge preferred
- Experience with Canada tax filing a plus
Travel Requirement: None
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top