Payroll Tax Manager
The Trust Operations team is expanding and we have an opening for another Payroll Tax Manager to support the growth and our initiatives. The Payroll Tax Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day to day Cash Collection and Payment processes for Select Services product offerings. This position will report to the Senior Director Select Services.
Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 for "100 Best Places to Work For" in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials," #5 on Fortune's "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity," and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Provide active day to day leadership and support to the Trust Operations team members
- Prepare performance documents for direct reports.
- Manage a team in which some members are located in various geographic locations/time zones.
- Ensures a positive, collaborative working environment for the team
- Mentors and coaches project team members, as appropriate
- Process Improvement & Excellence; management and oversight of Payment Services Trust Operations processes and controls;
- Implement and improve processes and systems to optimize efficiency, quality and excellence;
- Ensure operational plans are aligned with business objectives; Demonstrate thought leadership around services processes and operations;
- Work directly with Services and Governance, Risk & Control leadership to understand issues, and collaborate with colleagues and other departments to proactively and efficiently reach business objectives;
- Develop/ revise and implement business controls, policies, procedures and best practices to maximize performance;
- Lead, direct, and facilitate meetings to ensure short and long term goals and objectives are achieved;
- Anticipate internal/external business issues to align operational priorities, strategies and tactics;
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement appropriate tools and solutions;
- Assist with the reporting providing analysis and supporting data reporting on trends, results, resource effectiveness, project effectiveness, forecast trends and other relevant items;
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities for improving the quality and customer satisfaction with the Trust Operations processes;
- Build strategic data sets for analysis and future planning.
- Facilitate streamlined reporting, dashboards and analysis to support sound decision making. Ensure consistency in format and delivery.
- Other responsibilities and key result areas will be assigned as required.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Special projects as assigned
- 8-10 years Payroll Tax experience
- 5 years Management experience in operations
- Process Improvement & Process Excellence
- General Management Excellence
- Planning and Forecasting
- Business Management
- Customer Service Focus
- Strong Understanding of Technology and Business Processes
- Makes thorough, well-researched decisions that are compatible with, overall goals and priorities
- Understands and applies procedures, regulations, and policies related to areas of specialized expertise.
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as experienced in handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Excels in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Looks for new and creative ways to solve problems or improve processes
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top