Payroll Tax Analyst I
Ultimate Software is currently seeking a customer focused, highly energetic, and experienced individual to join our Payment Services Team as Payroll Tax Analyst I. The potential candidate will assume some of payroll tax related responsibilities included but are not limited to quarterly and annual reconciliation of wage and tax and analyzing and resolution of payroll tax notices. The qualified candidate will have strong customer service and payroll tax filing experience. The position will demand strong organizational and analytical skills and problem-solving expertise.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
- Research and resolve payroll tax notices for multi-state tax entities.
- As part of tax notice research process, it may be necessary to reconcile QTD and YTD tax amounts withheld, reported, and deposited on quarterly and annual basis for assigned entities.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Provide assistance to business units on payroll tax related inquiries.
- Maintain and update tax notice cases in Salesforce with resolution progress including communication to customers.
- Working knowledge of payroll tax quarterly annual reconciliations.
- Excellent analytical and follow up skills
- Proficient in the user of Microsoft Excel and Word
- CPP accreditation preferred
- Working knowledge of wage rules at the state and federal levels preferred
- Working knowledge of MasterTax, Salesforce and UltiPro preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills and above average administrative skills
- Good time management skills in order to meet production and aging goals
- Ability to interface with all departments both within the company as well as eternal sources
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Science, or a minimum of 3 years equivalent work experience.
- 10% Limited travel upon request
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top