Payroll Specialist, Rising Stars
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
A 10 week paid training program called the Rising Stars will prepare you to become a Payroll Specialist in the growing field of Software, Payroll and Human Capital Management. The Payroll Specialist provides excellent customer service to managers and associates and is well versed in payroll compliance, taxes and reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Perform payroll-related maintenance functions, processing new hires, terminations, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, and direct deposits
- Lead payroll processer for multi-frequency clients as scheduled
- Effectively apply client payroll policies and procedures
- Respond to routine inquiries from client contacts concerning payroll
- 3-5 years professional experience utilizing strong customer service skills
- Highly experienced with technology and MS Office
- Positive attitude, team player and passionate about providing World Class Customer Service
- Ability to multi-task
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Experience with large corporate payroll processing
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll tax laws
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent, three to five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top