The role of the Manager, Managed Services manages and coordinates activities and operations of payroll department and staff. The Manager, Managed Services establishes strong client relationships and delivers sustained stable payroll operations to complex clients who choose to outsource their payroll.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Oversees accurate and timely client payroll-related functions including but not limited to processing new hires, termination status changes, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, and direct deposit.
- Oversees the review, verification, and processing of payroll data.
- Oversees the processing of manual checks as necessary.
- Responds to escalated payroll-related inquiries including but not limited to payroll deductions and accruals, wage garnishments, child support payments, and employment verifications; resolves employee issues.
- Reviews and assures accuracy of payroll, deductions, and payroll tax information.
- Oversees preparation of month-end and government reports.
- Conducts periodic client and team meetings to ensure problems are addressed and to ensure client satisfaction.
- Develops, implements, and manages payroll practices, policies, and procedures.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and motivates staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Assists with the implementation of new clients both in the office and on-site as requested.
- Handles escalated client issues and/or concerns.
- Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of staff; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Evaluate, develop and enforce the use of audit tools which support the payroll process
- Identify payroll vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement
- Ensure compliance to SSAE 16 audit control objectives
- Responsible for continuous process improvement identified through root-cause analyses
- Drive projects to create efficiencies, improve quality of service delivery, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B. A.) or equivalent, at least five years related experience at a management level, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll tax laws
- Knowledge of Canadian payroll laws preferred
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate subordinates
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Acute attention to detail
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office Suite of software to include Outlook, Word and Excel
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience with Ultimate Software preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Can effectively interact and communicate at all levels
- FPC or CPP preferred
- Exhibit a strong service orientation and client focus
- Experience in client outsourcing, HRBPO, or full HCM (Human Capital Management) cycle are preferred
Back to top