Network Engineer III
Network Engineer III with proven ability to work in a team environment with other Network Engineers to design, implement, and manage complex network infrastructure solutions in a multi-national organization.
The incumbent will be responsible for planning, designing, and implementing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer III will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
Candidates should possess an expert level of network experience with datacenter and connectivity networking technologies and concepts. Must have strong organizational skills and problem-solving expertise, while working with current and emerging technologies. Must be able to manage very dynamic environments and have the ability to adapt quickly to technology changes.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Design and deploy highly available and scalable LANs, WANs, and wireless networks.
- Responsible for the implementation, operational upkeep, and monitoring of datacenter and remote office network infrastructures including but not limited to routers, switches, wireless, application delivery controllers, WAN accelerators, etc.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor and test network performance, provide network performance statistics/reports, and troubleshoot production issues as needed.
- Work is primarily performed between 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday – Friday, with “on-call” as all environments are expected to operate 24×7
- Work on projects outside normal working hours
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience as a network engineer in complex network environments
- Proven ability to provide clear and consistent documentation with attention to detail
- Expert working knowledge of:
- Complex multi-vendor infrastructure platforms including switches, routers, application delivery controllers, and wan accelerators
- Multi-vendor routing e.g. EIGRP, IGRP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP, VRRP, route redistribution etc., and switching e.g. VLAN implementation, STP, VTP, access lists, L3 switching
- LAN switching internetworking to include VLANs, VSS, spanning tree, trunking, port aggregation, and segmentation as well as TCP/IP protocol stack
- Strong protocol analyzer and related network diagnostic tools
- Comprehensive understanding of local and global load balancing and ADC strategies/ techniques, expertise in application switching / traffic management, knowledge of persistence and SSL certificates
- Network management systems
- Experience with implementation and support of MPLS, Metro Ethernet networks or Metropolitan LANs
- Self-motivated and capable of working effectively without supervision
- Exceptional written & communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem-solving expertise
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Detail oriented
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Cisco network certifications such as CCIE Routing and Switching or CCIE Data Center
- Will be expected to travel up to 15% to various office/datacenter locations
- Will be required to travel outside of the US and will require a valid passport
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top