Messaging Analyst with proven ability to architect, implement, support and manage Messaging and Collaborative solutions with a focus on Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016 and Skype for Business 2015.
The Messaging Analyst will serve as a central point of contact and work closely with other organizational support groups to coordinate the design, administration and support of all messaging & collaboration applications at multiple office locations and multi data center environment. Serves as a focal point for customer inquiries regarding Messaging & Collaborative applications, its use and capabilities and will provide 2nd and 3rd level support to our customers
Responsible for Enterprise Messaging (Exchange, Skype for Business and SharePoint) server related issues such as Troubleshooting, Disaster Recovery and Backups, Routing & Transport problems, Messaging Performance and Migration Planning.
Possess a broad level of experience with technical administration and design. Must have strong organizational skills and problem-solving expertise, while working with current and emerging technologies. Must be able to manage very dynamic environments and have the ability to adapt quickly to technology changes at a moment’s notice to provide quick detailed solutions with little or no supervision.
The candidate is also expected to perform the essential duties with little or no supervision, anticipating and planning for all possible outcomes based on actions taken. This position requires hands-on, practical experience.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
- Candidates should possess at least 10+ years’ experience in the Information Technology field and at least 5+ years with Microsoft Exchange and Skype for Business/Lync/OCS
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs for all Messaging & Collaborative applications/servers
- Familiarity working with SharePoint 2010, Skype for Business, Active Directory, DNS, IIS, and Windows 2008/2012 in a HA/DR 24×7×365 environment
- Experience with ActiveSync and how to support a 4,000+ mobile device infrastructure
- Experience working in a large corporate environment (>3,000 users) spread out over multiple geographic sites where the team member must follow corporate policies regarding security, audit, and change control processes
- Critical thinking, creativity, and independent judgment are expected
- Must have strong problem solving skills
- Day to day administration (adds, changes and removes) of collaborative applications such as Sococo, Box and Quip
- Monitor system alerts, system utilization thresholds, and capacity utilization on servers, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Must have good communication skills across teams and levels of organization.
- Must be a self-starter with thought leadership qualities and positive energy.
- Dependable, self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and/or weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
- Proven ability to provide clear and consistent documentation with great attention to detail
- Previous work experience following change management procedures
- Ability to adapt to various customer requirements/environments
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate with all level of management and across functional lines.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision
- Familiarity with Powershell and experience leveraging it in Exchange and Skype for Business preferred
- Experience with mail filtering/secure email solutions such as Cisco, Brightmail and/or Proofpoint preferred
- Understanding of VMWare and how virtualization functions in Messaging & Collaborative applications preferred
- Customer Service Skills:
- Working together, through the good and the bad, toward a common goal, and being jointly responsible for exceeding customer expectations
- Building and maintaining excellent customer relationships
- Ensure our employees are receiving prompt and efficient technical support for our A/V conferencing solutions
- Customer focus and dedication to customer satisfaction.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in application systems with considerable understanding of the support of business processes
- Current Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Communication certification or equivalent experience
- Current Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Messaging certification or equivalent experience
Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request
Back to top