Manager, Tax Notices
Overall responsibility for leading and managing the production activities within the Tax Notice Team. This position is responsible for managing the people, processes and technology required to successfully complete the required production obligations timely and accurately for the processing of tax notice cases. This position will be responsible for sponsoring technology initiatives to improve the operational performance of the team, the customer’s experience, and the productivity of the team. Actively participate in the resolution of day to day issues that arise, including problems with customers, third parties, internal teams and our internal systems as needed.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Develop strong relationships and alignment with our internal partners.
- Ensure that all daily production requirements are completed each day with sufficient documentation to enable USG to defend its timeliness and accuracy with third parties without further contact from our customers.
- Drive the establishment and refinement of the Ultimate Software Services process methodology and best practices
- Oversee and manage Services functions:
- Other related production activities as required
- Generate operational metrics to communicate and manage the performance of the production team
- Facilitate the delivery of training as required by internal or external customers
- Provide backup to team and after hours work, as necessary.
- Performs interview process for new hires for roles within team.
- Hires, fires and performs employee performance reviews
- Builds and maintains strong peer relationships within the team and across the organization.
- Escalate potential service issues to Senior Management.
- Directs work within clear budgetary guidelines.
- Defines standards and reusable approaches within the Services operational framework.
- Train team members on new or enhanced operation procedures and policies.
- Implement quality control measures.
- Is accountable for on-going management of effective client service relationship in one area of the business as the main point of contact for senior client representatives.
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- 5+ years in a management role
- 5+ years of process/operational excellence experience
- Bachelor degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience will be considered
- 5-10+ years of payroll and/or services industry experience
- Working knowledge of UltiPro is a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Industry related certifications is desirable; e. Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), Certified Treasury Professional (CTP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Conflict resolution
- Management experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
- Travel will be less than 10% - majority of travel will be to Weston, FL and Orange County, CA or Atlanta, GA
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Lisa M.Named Tax Representative
Lisa Marie is the point of contact for any Ultimate Software customers who have payroll tax and filing questions.
Back to top