Manager, Talent, Europe
Reporting to the Senior Director of Talent, the Manager of Talent, Europe will provide substantial leverage, vision and execution as a critical component of and contributor to the Talent team as we scale to a, 5,000+ person global leader.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
The Manager of Talent, Europe will lead the design, implementation, and evaluation of talent management and development programs for the European leadership of Ultimate. This new role at Ultimate Software will provide substantial opportunity for both vision and execution as we further develop the talent management function for our globally expanding company. This
role will partner with business leaders, Talent and HR to design and implement talent strategies, employee and leadership development programs.
Based on these inputs, they will create the local vision for Learning and Development that aligns with the Ultimate culture of “People First” and then translate that vision into an execution driven implementation plan. These initiatives will allow the company to improve business performance while strengthening the organization for continued growth.
As an explicit part of the overall talent management platform, architect and execute talent development programs to drive professional growth and accountability across the organization:
- Consult with the local functional & business leaders to understand their leadershipand management development needs so they are included in any pan-organization solution and that appropriate sponsorship, engagement and alignment is achieved. Partner with the US Talent organization to create a cohesive, world class overall training & development program for our employees.
- Results: ROI, enhanced pipeline, new behaviors clearly demonstrated.
- Customers: satisfaction level, business feedback.
- Aid in Designing, implementing and leading a robust strategic talent & development program Support end-to-end governance to ensure that development interventions are relevant and fit for purpose and reviewed on a regular and timely basis.
- Support annual talent programs such as the Talent Management Review, Succession Planning and Leadership Summits.
- Champion for the development of high potentials and high performers identified in the Talent Management Review; ensure creation and follow through on developmental action plans agreed to with their managers.
- In partnership with the Talent Acquisition team, assist as needed in the recruiting process and establish a sense of cadence and sense of urgency.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished, high energy, collaborative leader who has subject matter expertise in Learning & Development and a proven track record of working independently to build and lead a progressive talent development function.
This person should have a minimum of 5 years of combined L&D/OD experience at a managerial level. Some experience in Talent Acquisition is also a real plus. A Bachelor’s in Business, Organizational Development or similar, related field is required. A Masters in a related field would be a decided plus.
French & English fluency required, German an additional plus
Specifically, we would like our winning candidate to have:
- Demonstrated the ability to translate business strategies into critical talent & workforce strategies/initiatives Improving talent and performance management practices
- Managing multiple projects with extensive detail coordination
- Ability to innovate and challenge current norms to drive change in the organization and work with people of varying backgrounds and seniority levels
- Ability to navigate complexity and create collaborative, cross-functional solutions
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Deep learning and development industry knowledge
- Strong facilitation skills
- Paris, France
- Up to 25% to US as it relates
Ultimate Software has an accommodation process in place and provides lawful accommodations throughout the hiring process. If you require a specific lawful accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please let us know in advance.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Mariana S.Iteration Manager
Mariana is responsible for steering Ultimate Software's software production from inception to completion to launch. She eliminates any productivity roadblocks on the Platform Services Team.
Back to top