Manager, Software Engineering
This position requires excellent technical team leadership. We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager who is passionate about leading, passionate about programming, passionate about quality, and truly enjoys what they do.
Ultimate Software works in an agile environment with daily standups and code reviews as well as constant communication within each self-managed cross functional team. The ability to communicate effectively with Software Engineers, Product Analysts and QA's, as well as work closely with other team members are key components for success in this position.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Manage the development process for your team (Kanban)
- All Manager HR functions including but not limited to hiring, coaching, keeping a high morale to holding team members accountable
- Make sure your team implements any department initiatives including all the high performing team behaviors
- Lead the daily standup
- Remove impediments
- Lead team Kaizen events and retrospectives
- Participate in the Daily Product Review and communicating information up and down the line
- Facilitate team communication regarding team issues
- Maintain team/Kanban statistics
- Develop and Facilitate a continuous learning environment investing in team members professional growth
- Proficiency in the Agile development life cycle
- Proficiency in Kanban and Scrum methodologies
- Proven technical problem solving skills
- Experience driving positive change within the team via process manipulation
- Experience setting goals and focusing on measurable results
- Ability to be a leader within the team as well as someone who is able to represent the team within the company
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with other groups within the organization
- ability to multi-task
- comfortable working multiple projects simultaneously
- strong decision-making skills
- ability to foster collaboration
- ability to manage expectations of various people internal and external to the team
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
Travel Requirement: Up to 10%
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top