Manager, Problem Management
Do you possess a passion for solving problems and take pride in knowing your contributions improve the quality of service people rely on? If you’d like to work on a dynamic team helping to improve the quality of Ultimate Software’s cloud based solutions, apply to lead our Prevention Management Team today.
As the Manager of the Prevention Management team, your primary responsibility is to lead the team of Problem Managers to track problems within our infrastructure technology and product, and identify areas of opportunity to improve the quality of product and service by applying preventative measures. We are looking for a Manager who is passionate about leading, problem solving, quality, and truly enjoys what they do. To be successful in this role, the leader will need to build respect and excellent working relationships with multiple teams within Ultimate Software and lead the team to do the same.
The leader should empower the team to ensure there is timely identification and closure of problems, root cause is found in a timely manner and prevention is in place so the problem does not reoccur. All aspects of the work will be well structured and conducted utilizing ITIL practices adapted for UltiPro service offerings.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Coordinate, standardize, and lead all ITIL problem management activities ensuring root cause and prevention is identified
- Proactively detect and prevent future problems/incidents and initiate the Problem Management process to allow quicker diagnosis and resolution.
- Prepare statistics, KPI and trend reports for use in the problem management process. Identify problems through the review and focus on optimizing processes
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to refine operating processes and procedures to deliver and restore service more efficiently
- Coordinate, convene and facilitate major incident and problem review meetings
- Ensure the problems progress through the Problem Management process in a timely and prioritized fashion
- Create and deliver external content regarding service disruptions
- Ensure that the problem management information reflects accurate errors and is complete
- Develop trend analysis and prepare service improvement plans to address identified gaps
- Ensure recurring incident resolution is addressed with urgency
- Manage and maintain information stored in the problem database
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of product delivery and operations
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in providing complex SaaS Customer Support, management, and/or supervision
- ITIL Certified or 3 years working experience as a Problem Manager
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving team environment
- Proven track record of working collaboratively to improve the customer’s experience
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with customers, partners, and developers across the business at all levels
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, and architects
- Able to manage relationships with peers and managers as it relates to support and services
- Ability to navigate complexity and create collaborative, cross-functional solutions
- Strong communication, presentation, and relationship management skills
- Able to translate complex issues in an understandable, organized way
- Working knowledge of Human Resources and Payroll systems
- Knowledge of CRM tools
- Team oriented
- Positive team player attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of organizational skills
- Prefer ITIL knowledge or certification
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top