Manager, Benefit services
The UMS Benefit Services Manager is responsible for leading a team of Benefit Specialists that support the day to day operations of Benefit Managed Services. The Benefits Services Manager is responsible for delivering high quality and efficient service to both internal and external Customers. The Manager will contribute to key business outcomes such as Customer retention, Customer satisfaction, and delivering value to our Customers and Prospects. This leader will work closely with other colleagues and partners to facilitate administrative and technical support; ensure quality, accuracy, and timeliness while executing on behalf of Managed Services Customers. The Benefit Services Manager will set performance objectives and goals for the Benefit team focusing on their growth and professional development, while staying keenly focused on driving Customer value.
Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 for "100 Best Places to Work For" in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials," #5 on Fortune's "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity," and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
- Project Management required to implement Employee and Customer initiatives
- Hire, train, supervise, motivate, and develop Benefit Team members
- Provide day-to-day guidance and oversight of team members; actively work to promote and recognize performance
- Strong understanding of overall Benefit Team activities, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions as needed
- Manage the administration of Customer company benefit plans, including but not limited to medical, dental, life insurance and disability
- In depth knowledge of benefit plans, benefits trends, and best practices.
- Provide recommendations to establish effective Customer implementations and ongoing processes to ensure strategic alignment with internal business objectives and excellent customer service
- Manage relationships with Customers, Brokers, third-party administrators
- Provide support and guidance during the Customer implementation process to ensure an accurate activation
- Conduct Customer and Team meetings to ensure Customer satisfaction
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws & regulations Guidelines.
- Optimize utilization of HCM benefits system;
- Develop corporate/financial reports as required
- Handle escalated Customer inquiries and/or concerns to successful completion
- Working knowledge of employee life cycle Benefits Administration, related regulations and ERISA guidelines, HIPAA Compliance
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating team members
- Ability to build strong working relationships with Customers and Peers
- Ability to work collaboratively with Peers and all levels of management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office Suite of software to include Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience with UltiPro Software and/or other HCM Benefits Admin technology solutions is required
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to deliver effective presentations
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent, at least five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- PHR and/or CEBS certifications preferred
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top