We are seeking a passionate individual who will assist our Peeps with our leave administrations. The Leave Specialist will provide exceptional service in line with our People First culture while maintaining 100% compliance. The individual has to be employee focused and provide first class service to our employees.
The Leave Specialist maintains accurate record keeping according to federal, state and local laws as well as company policies. Strong organizational skills as well as responsiveness are critical to success in this role as there is frequent communication necessary with employees, managers and other internal partners. Additional responsibilities include indexing documents (filing), processing life events, worker’s compensation, long-term disability and short-term disability claims.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2017 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer and maintain all leave of absence communications and schedules/records in multiple states
- Enter cases on Leave tracking system
- Ensure all leave designations are in compliance with federal, state and local laws as well as company policies
- Coordinate paid and unpaid time and maintain accurate records to be shared with Payroll
- Communicate with Payroll on benefit deductions affected by leave upon employee’s return
- Process employee Long Term Disability and Short Term Disability claims
- Process worker’s compensation claims for US employees
- Process auto incidents/claims
- Follow-up with any employee incidences resulting from property damage, theft or accidents
- 5+ years of experience with multi state leave administration with preference for FL and CA experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Able to work both independently and as a part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Work in an extremely creative and fast-paced environment.
- Able to meet deadlines while juggling multiple projects/tasks; Effective multitasker.
- Display professionalism with all employees and vendors.
- Able to showcase attention to detail and work under pressure.
- Certified Leave Administrator
- Benefits Administration Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Rapid Response Professional
DeAndrea provides support to customers in need of assistance with pay services, human resources, and employment databases—and also helps troubleshoot any problems implementing the software.
Back to top