Lead Software Engineer
This position is onsite for Atlanta or Toronto office locations. Ultimate Software is based in Weston, Florida, which is just outside of Fort Lauderdale.
Ultimate Software is seeking an experienced Lead Software Engineer to join a fast-paced development team focused on key operational aspects of our flagship SaaS platform. The Software Engineer is an essential member of a cutting edge agile team that develops cross cutting functionality across our entire UltiPro product suite. You will work together with some of the most highly skilled software professionals in the business, creating incredibly high quality experiences for our internal and external customers.
The Software Engineer solves complex application lifecycle challenges. This role is responsible for continuously delivering small increments of production-ready software. The Software Engineer is an analytical thinker with deep technical skills, and is responsible for working with stakeholders, users, other engineers, to make solve real world challenges in a collaborative environment. The opportunity requires you to be able to contribute as engineer, to design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug complex software applications at the enterprise level. We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about technology, passionate about programming, passionate about quality, and truly enjoys what they do. This position also demands strong organizational skills and problem-solving expertise while working with current and emerging technologies. Excellent technical skills, team orientation, flexibility, innovative thinking, accountability, and collaboration are required for success.
This is your opportunity to capitalize on your love of producing great technical solutions to really challenging problems! Our company is growing and our development teams have opportunities providing both challenges and recognition for your successes. Apply online now for our Software Engineer position.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Primary function is the analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, and support of new capabilities to enhance the serviceability of our products.
- Collaborate with business partners at various levels to understand functional requirements
- Engage and communicate with stakeholders and product team to clarify cross-functional and cross-domain requirements, and overcome cross-team obstacles to meet the overall organizational goals
- Create high quality code using agile methodologies and tools.
- Create continuous delivery pipelines
- Create automated tests
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production issues when escalated
- Participate in code reviews with your teammates and provide feedback
- 7 or more years of experience as a full stack developer.
- Experience with SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) solutions.
- Experience working in an Agile or Lean Software Development such as Kanban, Scrum, Test-Driven Development, and/or Extreme Programming methodologies.
- Knowledge of any Java MVC framework such as Spring is beneficial.
- Experience with AngularJS, NodeJS, Mongo/PostgeSQL, ExpressJS etc is required.
- Experience working in an enterprise-scale SaaS product environment that is deployed using cloud technologies like OpenStack and Cloud Foundry.
- Deep understanding of contemporary API and architectural concepts (REST, Microservices, etc.)
- Experience writing web services, business objects, and other middle-tier frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Python and Chef etc.
- Software development experience including: OOP, concurrency programming, design patterns, Service Oriented Architecture, Test-Driven Development, Acceptance Testing, relational and non-relational database technologies.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top