Ultimate Software continues to invest in a modern, vibrantly growing technology portfolio. Kafka is one of our core streaming service technologies that warrants expert level knowledge to our development organization. This expert will bring principle level guidance for technology use, operational configuration for development and production utilization, functional understanding of best practices, participate in the enterprise architecture & development communities and provide support for the platform. This new role will join a centralized team with other technology experts to ensure the technical and procedural alignment of our technology strategy, vision, architecture & operations throughout our SDLC.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure alignment of technologies with Enterprise Architecture, Development SDLC and Operational capabilities
- Research, assess and understand the platform’s trends and complimentary ecosystem
- Socialize information on the technology platform within the Development and Operational communities
- Define technology strategy and roadmap of the data platform based on Kafka.
- Collaborate with Architecture colleagues for best practices for implementing our SDP based on identified use cases and required integration patterns
- Accelerate our adoption of the Kafka ecosystem by creating a framework for leveraging technologies such as Kafka Connect, KStreams/KSQL, Schema Registry, and other streaming-oriented technology
- Guide our evolution of the Kafka ecosystem by standardizing and scaling our solitary and managed service deployments of Kafka
- Partner with our Application Health team to explore real-time, predictive analytics and machine learning on operational and business data captured on the SDP
- Mentor existing DevOps team members by imparting expert knowledge to scale higher levels of technology competence for solutions using the platform
- Provide leadership and expertise in the establishing of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
- Familiar with automated testing methods
- Comfortable operating in an agile delivery model
- Proficient programming with Java, and best practices in development, experience in Go/C++ or C# a plus
- Subject matter messaging expert with extensive, well-rounded background in a diverse set of messaging middleware solutions (commercial, open source, in-house) with in-depth understanding of architectures such as: Kafka, RabbitMQ, Tibco, IBM, Solace, 29West.
- Established track record with Kafka technology [administration, configuration, and troubleshooting], with hands-on production experience and a deep understanding of the Kafka architecture and internals of how it works, along with interplay of architectural components: brokers, Zookeeper, producers/consumers, Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in a Technical discipline and a minimum of 8+ years of related experience, or a Master’s degree and 6+ years of equivalent industry experience, or a PhD and 3+ years of experience. (or equivalent job experience)
- Apache Kafka certification is a plus
- Limited upon request with adequate notice
- International travel may be necessary
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact email@example.com.
Back to top