We are seeking an Infrastructure Architect to work within an architectural team with other architects to strategically design and govern infrastructure standards related to compute, storage, and virtualization for datacenter and remote office infrastructures in a multi-national organization. The incumbent will work with Infrastructure Architects, IT leadership, security and infrastructure teams across all levels of the organization.
Candidates should possess an expert level of directory architecture and management experience. Must have strong organizational skills and problem-solving expertise, while working with current and emerging technologies. Must be able to manage very dynamic environments and have the ability to adapt quickly to technology and process changes.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #4 on the inaugural list of “Ten Great Workplaces for Millennials” and #7 on Forbes magazine’s 2015 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Oversee technical direction of various technology platforms to ensure proper standards are being identified, implemented, and periodically reviewed.
- Lead technical design sessions and author technical design documents.
- Manage the architecture, implementation, and knowledge transfer activities of new architecture and platforms.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure a comprehensive solution is maintained across all systems.
- Refactor and restructure existing infrastructure platforms in adherence with best practices.
- Responsible for providing hands on expert level assistance for escalated issues.
- Build and maintain strong peer relationships within the team and across the organization.
- Work is primarily performed between 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday – Friday, with “on-call” as all environments are expected to operate 24×7.
- Work on projects outside normal working hours.
- 4 – 6 years of systems data center and remote office infrastructure architectural experience.
- Must be visionary and strategic in approach with ability to apply infrastructural and architectural disciplines to solve business problems.
- Expert and well-rounded technical of a wide range of infrastructure technologies, such as but not limited to cloud computing, cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc.), virtualization, storage platforms, compute infrastructure, networking, and enterprise Microsoft technologies.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, WAN acceleration, application delivery controllers, and private/hybrid/public cloud technologies.
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Experience with VMware virtualization and Microsoft Server platforms preferred.
- Experience with enterprise monitoring and management tools preferred.
- Self-motivated and capable of working effectively without supervision
- Exceptional written & communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem-solving expertise
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Detail oriented
- Strategic thinking
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- MCS, CCNA, VCP, VCAP, VCDX, EMCDCA certifications are a plus
- May be expected to travel up to 10%
- May be required to travel outside of the US and will require a valid passport
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top