HR Software Business Analyst
Ultimate Software is seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join a fast-paced development team focused on building and delivering comprehensive and configurable solutions for our UltiPro Select Services Management Platform. The vision for this new product is to drive service excellence by providing a platform that delivers a consistent, effective and efficient customer experience. As the Business Analyst, you will utilize your HCM domain knowledge to gather requirements for enhancements on the Product Roadmap. This is a great position for someone that wants to have a highly visible impact on operational success.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with stake holders at various levels to research and validate functional requirements
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Elicit requirements using various methods including interviews, discovery workshops, document analysis, site visits, business process reviews, use cases, personas, current state assessments, gap analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Create detailed functional designs and process flows, using Agile methodologies and tools; story writing and validation including user conditions of satisfaction
- Create wireframe prototypes, process flows, and screen mockups to illustrate requirements and scope
- Assist Product Management and design teams to guide agile team to appropriately scope and plan development projects by managing project definition
- Work closely with engineers to ensure the product is being built to specifications
- Perform backlog maintenance through proper story prioritization
- Analyze product issues escalated by the Support team in a timely manner
- Ensure quality, accuracy and completeness of customer and internal communications
- 5 years related work experience in software development that includes writing requirements and acceptance criteria on an agile enterprise software development team
- Payroll, Tax Filing, or Benefit Management Service Bureau experience required
- Familiarity with Business Process Management Solutions
- Understanding of Garnishment processing
- Strong technical problem solving skills, with an ability to troubleshoot complex application issues
- Familiarity with RESTful web services and API's
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify complex software, hardware, and systems issues
- Experience using Agile methodologies such as Scrum and/or Kanban
- Working knowledge of Canada Taxation
- Bachelor's Degree in a computer science or business discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
Travel Requirement: Less than 10%
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top