Come join the multi-award winning Ultimate Software, a leading provider of unified human capital management (HCM) SaaS solutions for global businesses!
We are seeking a customer-focused, team-oriented Managed Services Garnishment Specialist to join our team. In this position, you will assist with the day-to-day Garnishment Services processes.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Performs payroll transactions related to garnishments to include set-up, data entry, garnishment interpretation and updating deductions data according to established timelines, standards and procedures
- Provides answers to garnishment and/or court notices as required within prescribed time limits
- Responds to routine inquiries from client contacts concerning garnishment deductions
- Ability to effectively examine, set up, process and reconcile garnishments
- Develops strong business partnerships with internal and client counterparts in Human Resources, Payroll, and Accounting
- Print/Stuff/Seal and package checks for delivery
- Escalates non-routine inquiries and issues to Garnishment Manager
- Adheres to federal and state guidelines when handling garnishment orders
- Assists with garnishment set-up for new client implementations as requested
- Other Special projects or tasks assigned by Management.
- 1-3 years Garnishment and Payroll experience
- Knowledge of interpreting, entering and paying withholding orders including, but not limited to garnishments, child supports, student loans, and federal and state tax levies
- Knowledge of multi-state garnishment laws
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Must be able to manage assigned work in an organized, proactive and independent manner to meet all required time frames and commitments
- Excellent analytical ability within a high transaction volume environment
- Experience with handling a large volume of garnishments in a payroll processing environment
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages
- Assists with related special projects as required
- Overtime may be required during any calendar quarter
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Communicates and provides superior service to client base located throughout the country
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as experienced in handling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excels in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Looks for new and creative ways to solve problems or improve processes
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Process oriented
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Working knowledge of UltiPro is a plus
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent, five to seven years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Travel Requirement: 10%
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top