Financial Compliance Accountant
The Financial Compliance Accountant assists the Manager of Financial Compliance with all aspects of the Company's Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) program, including identification of financial reporting risks, assessment of processes, and analysis of control activities. This position will gather data and create documentation on internal controls over financial reporting, along with collecting documentation and assessing activity to support testing internal controls. This position may interact with external auditors, as needed.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
- Documenting and analyzing processes and controls
- Performing walkthroughs with process owners and documenting and assessing results
- Assessing compliance with accounting guidance and internal policies
- Assessing the effectiveness of internal controls over key financial risks
- Facilitating, and performing as necessary, SOX Section 404 related tests of controls, including Accounting and IT application testing and related documentation
- Participating in various cross-functional meetings (e.g., system implementations) to document potential SOX impact
- Identifying and recommending enhancement to strengthen internal controls and operational efficiencies
Required Qualifications / Skills
- Effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contactors/auditors, and to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to attend to details while working on multiple projects
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Software and/or private industry experience preferred
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Visio
Education / Certification / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- No less than 3 years' experience in related field (e.g., internal audit, accounting, etc.)
- Working knowledge of GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley, including an understanding of general IT control areas
- CPA or CIA license preferred
- Public accounting experience
- Limited travel upon request
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top