Employee Relations Specialist
Ultimate Software is seeking a people focused, highly energetic, and experienced individual to join our People Team as an Employee Relations Specialist to serve our employees. They are responsible for handling employee situations with a focus on conflict resolution in a fast-paced environment. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization and focused on our employees in California and Arizona (position is located in Santa Ana, California).
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2017 and #7 for 100 "Best Places to Work For in 2017." This is the 6th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE's list. We were #15 in 2016,and #21 in 2015. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of the "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Recommends and works, in conjunction with the Chief People Officer, on the development and initiation of training programs on employee relations and other organizational development initiatives.
- Provides information to employees on matters day-to-day pertaining to benefits, employee transactions, processes and records (act as first POC).
- Support employees and/or leaders on employee relation matters, providing coaching as needed and works closely with Chief People Officer on all employee relation matters.
- First point of contact for terminations for regular full-time & part-time employees, including collection of resignation letter, exit interview, final pay, etc.
- Provides guidance to managers, supervisors, and employees regarding laws, regulations, policies, procedures and practices related to employee relations matters.
- Facilitates communication among employees and management by providing guidance and consultation regarding problem solving, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance, litigation avoidance and strives to resolve internal conflict informally through appropriate conflict management and mediation techniques.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Communicates accordingly with other members of People Team/Payroll Dept as needed to service our employees.
- Facilitate onboarding sessions for new hires on a weekly basis as needed.
- Work closely with the Employee Experience Team to coordinate onboarding process.
- Minimum of 5+ years of related HR experience, including Benefits Administration, Employee Relations and Onboarding.
- Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations required.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures is preferred.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent communication and organization skills are required.
- Project and team management/leadership skills and experience.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
- Can effectively plan and set priorities.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs.
- Energetic and self-driven.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Strong initiative and solid judgment abilities/skills.
- HR Generalist designation preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- PHR professional designation preferred.
- Regular/frequent travel to San Francisco, Fremont and Scottsdale locations (~50%).
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top