Director Of Tax Filing Operations
The ideal candidate is an accomplished, high energy, collaborative leader who has a proven track record of working collaboratively and independently to help a world class organization sustain its success and market leadership. The preferred candidate will be recognized in the industry as someone who can execute and innovate.
The role requires a deep understanding and experience of operations, process management, customer support, and production optimization. The ideal candidate will have a number of years of experience in an operational role with responsibilities for production management for large operations performing back office functions within or similar to HCM/Payroll services industry. This individual will lead and direct the operational activities within the Select Services Customer Support team, managing the people, processes, and technology required to successfully complete our organization's required production obligations in a timely, accurate and compliant manner. This individual will sponsor technology and process improvement initiatives to improve the customer experience as well as the operational performance and productivity of the team. Additionally, this key leader will actively participate in the resolution of day to day issues that arise including problems with customers, third parties (i.e. tax jurisdictions), internal teams, and our internal systems teams as needed. This position will report to the Sr. Director of Select Services and be located in our offices in Santa Ana, CA.
Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 for "100 Best Places to Work For" in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials," #5 on Fortune's "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity," and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
This position is located in our Santa Ana, CA office.
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Develop strong relationships and alignment with our internal payroll partners, Mid-Market and Enterprise teams
- Ensure that all daily production requirements are completed each day with sufficient documentation to enable USG to defend its timeliness and accuracy with third parties without further contact from our customers
- Drive the establishment and refinement of production methodology, process improvement and best practices.
- This individual has a proven hands-on record of delivering solutions that reflect an understanding of customers' needs and organizations, developing measurable customer-specific key performance indicators and developing the delivering systems to meet customer and 3rd party requirements.
- Collaborate with both internal colleagues and external business partners to forge mutually beneficial solutions.
- Has the talent to ask questions that open up new ways for creating growth options for Ultimate Software.
- Generate operational metrics to communicate and manage the performance of the production team
- Facilitate the delivery of training as required by internal or external customers
- Ensure the production environments have BCP/DRP capabilities as necessary
- 10-15+ years of back office operational production experience for the payroll, payment, or similar industry experience
- 10+ years in a management role
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of UltiPro is a plus
- Process/operational excellence experience is a plus
- Experience with Process Improvement process and methodologies
- 5-10+ years of payroll, tax filing, garnishment, and managed services experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Conflict resolution
- Management experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or a similarly related field
- Industry recognized Process Improvement certification in Executive Role
- Industry related certifications are desirable; i.e. Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- 10% to 40%
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top