Director Of Talent, Europe
Reporting to the Vice President of Talent, the Director of Talent, Europe will provide substantial leverage, vision and execution as a critical component of and contributor to the Talent team as we scale to a $2 billion, 5,000+ person global leader.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2018 and #3 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #3 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
The Director of Talent, Europe will lead the design, implementation, and evaluation of talent
management and development programs for the European leadership of Ultimate. This new
role at Ultimate Software will provide substantial opportunity for both vision and execution as
we further develop the talent management function for our globally expanding company. This
role will partner with business leaders, Talent and HR to design and implement talent strategies,
employee and leadership development programs.
Based on these inputs, they will create the local vision for Learning and Development that aligns
with the Ultimate culture of “People First” and then translate that vision into an execution driven
implementation plan. These initiatives will allow the company to improve business
performance while strengthening the organization for continued growth.
1. As an explicit part of the overall talent management platform, architect and execute
talent development programs to drive professional growth and accountability across the
• Consult with the local functional & business leaders to understand their leadership
and management development needs so they are included in any pan-organization
solution and that appropriate sponsorship, engagement and alignment is achieved.
• Partner with the US Talent organization to create a cohesive, world class overall
training & development program for our employees.
• Ensure the budget for design and execution is managed efficiently and transparently
• Lead relevant internal communication and engagement efforts to ensure that
employees have knowledge of and access to L&D curriculum
2. Track and drive measures of success/impact such as:
• Results: ROI, enhanced pipeline, new behaviors clearly demonstrated
• Customers: satisfaction level, business feedback
• Process: learner reactions, objectives delivered
3. Design, implement and lead a robust strategic talent & development program
• Support end-to-end governance to ensure that development interventions are
relevant and fit for purpose and reviewed on a regular and timely basis
• In partnership with the VP of Talent, support annual talent programs such as the
Talent Management Review, Succession Planning and Leadership Summits
• Champion for the development of high potentials and high performers identified
in the Talent Management Review; ensure creation and follow through on
developmental action plans agreed to with their managers.
• In partnership with the VP of Talent, act as a global talent expert across the
organization, staying current on trends within talent management and employee
engagement, sharing best practices and key findings
The ideal candidate is an accomplished, high energy, collaborative leader who has subject
matter expertise in Learning & Development and a proven track record of working
independently to build and lead a progressive talent development function.
This person should have a minimum of 10 years of combined L&D/OD experience with at least 5
years at a senior level. A Bachelor’s in Business, Organizational Development or similar, related
field is required. A Masters in a related field would be a decided plus. Specifically, we would
like our winning candidate to have:
• Demonstrated the ability to translate business strategies into critical talent &
• Improving talent and performance management practices
• Leading & driving organizational change initiatives from assessment through
• Managing multiple projects with extensive detail coordination
• A thought leader in the leadership development field with a strong industry and
• Ability to innovate and challenge current norms to drive change in the
organization and work with people of varying backgrounds and seniority levels
• Ability to navigate complexity and create collaborative, cross-functional
• Strong communication and relationship management skills
• Deep learning and development industry knowledge
• Strong facilitation skills
• French & English fluency required, German an additional plus
- Paris, France
- Up to 25% to US as it relates
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Rapid Response Professional
DeAndrea provides support to customers in need of assistance with pay services, human resources, and employment databases—and also helps troubleshoot any problems implementing the software.
Back to top