Director Of Software Engineering
Ultimate Software is looking for a passionate Director of Software Engineering for our Weston office. Experience working in an agile environment is a must, and a proven track record of success, leading development teams, is essential. This candidate will be managing multiple Agile teams, which are all self-managed and led by managers. Setting strategic direction, tracking to Continuous Improvement projects, removing barriers, and monitoring each teams’ progress to product roadmaps set forth by our Product Management teams will be among the highest demands of this role.
This position requires excellent technical team leadership skills. We are looking for a leader who is passionate about people, passionate about programming, passionate about quality, and truly enjoys what they do. The ability to communicate effectively with Software Engineers, Product Analysts and QA’s, which comprise our Agile teams, as well as work closely with other team members, are key components for success in this position.
This position is located in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE’s “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2017 and #15 for “100 Best Places to Work For” in 2016. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials,” #5 on Fortune’s “50 Best Workplaces for Diversity,” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for running and implementing continuous improvement initiatives
- Manage the Development process for your team (Kanban)
- Make sure your team implements any department initiatives including all the high performing team behaviors
- Lead the daily standup
- Remove impediments
- Lead team Kaizen events and retrospectives
- Participate in the Daily Product Review and communicate information up and down the line
- Responsible for facilitating team communication regarding team issues
- Responsible for maintaining team/Kanban statistics
- Must be willing to work in our Ft. Lauderdale office
- Proficiency in the Agile development life cycle.
- Proficiency in Kanban and Scrum methodologies
- Proven technical problem solving skills
- Experience driving positive change within the team via process manipulation
- Experience setting goals and focusing on measurable results
- Ability to be a leader within the team as well as someone who is able to represent the team within the company
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with other groups within the organization
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Must be able build consensus and bring key players on board towards a desired direction.
- Must be able to think strategically as well as tactically to achieve long term goals.
- Must be able to make quality hires. Must have excellent interviewing skills.
- Ability to deal constructively with conflict and feedback.
- Familiarity with distributed services
- Familiarity with SaaS deployments. Knowledge of IaaS and PaaS.
- Familiarity with CI/CD.
- Familiarity with zero down-time upgrades
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top