We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to establish DevOps practices and standards for the various departments of Information Systems of Ultimate Software. This role will debut with this distinct member of the DevOps cultural movement for IS. You will be working in a multidisciplinary, collaborative, cross functional team environments.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2017 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Collaborate to define best practices and standards around DevOps
- Regularly communicate complex technical issues, solutions and designs to a wide variety of audiences
- Help our teams be more Agile by optimizing their CI/CD workflow and deployment pipeline.
- Help define and document our release processes to aid the departments in IS to achieve a more automated and efficient solution
- Build and manage the DevOps tool chain
- Work closely with various operations and engineering teams to troubleshoot issues.
- Identify top automation opportunities
- Monitor and Improve by establishing metrics and dashboards
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Energetic team player who can adapt to change, willing to work in multiple contexts and enjoys rapid development
- Experience supporting production environments for multiple solutions
- Experience with building full-stack software solutions, architected using DevOps best practices and technologies
- Experience supporting various technology stacks and are comfortable with learning new technologies
- Experience working with various DevOps tools (Git, TFS, Jenkins, Selenium, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc)
- Experience with various database technologies (SQL, NoSQL) and data interchange formats (XML, JSON)
- Automate the provisioning of servers and environments
- Comfortable working autonomously and in team environments
- Proactively brings new ideas to the table and finds areas for improvement (Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- Degree in engineering or related field or equivalent experience preferred
- Relevant IT Certifications a plus
- Solid understanding of security best practices and standards around cloud computing and access management
- Experience with ServiceNow and JIRA development
- Experience working with SQL Server and SQL Server Integration Services
- Have worked with cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Enthusiastic to be the pioneer and evolving DevOps cultures across departments into WinOps and DataOps
- Office worker work environment. Working from Desk and attending meetings mainly in Phase 8 – Weston office.
- No expected travel
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statues.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Rapid Response Professional
DeAndrea provides support to customers in need of assistance with pay services, human resources, and employment databases—and also helps troubleshoot any problems implementing the software.
Back to top