Database Engineer - Temp
As a Full-Time Database Engineer (Temp) on the Product and Cloud Resolution Team, you’ll be embedded on an agile development team. You’ll get to work directly with other Developers, DBEs, Product Analysts, Managers, and Directors, all of whom are dedicated to supporting our client’s complex technical issues and providing the Ultimate customer experience. In this highly collaborative environment, you will have the opportunity to grow your skills as a Database Engineer. As one of our team members, you will be part of our continued improvement and growth and expansion of coverage for our HR and Payroll Software Solution.
Do you have T-SQL scripting experience in Microsoft SQL server 2014, or newer? If so, apply today!
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #2 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2020. Ultimate is also ranked #2 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list. Learn more about US here:www.ultimatesoftware.com/careers
Primary Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Ability to clearly document and articulate the root cause of issues and resolutions to customers both verbally and written within the context of a customer service case
- Participate in detailed and, at times, difficult conversations with customers regarding technical issues where the customer’s orientation may or may not be technical
- Follow a set weekday schedule, with the possibility of night and weekend work with little or no advance warning
- Accountable for asking questions to understand the business' requirements and priorities
- Configuring the platform to meet business requirements (including development of reports and SQL)
- Preparing for change through development of policies, procedures and workflows
- T-SQL scripting experience in Microsoft SQL server 2014 (or newer) + MySQL
- Comfortable writing complex SELECT queries using joins and grouping
- Familiarity with SQL datatypes, variables, table variables, and temp tables
- Ability to write update, delete statements
- Experience writing and testing Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, and Views
- Good understanding of normalized tables, primary keys, foreign keys, various types of indexes
- SQL code troubleshooting skills: reading code, debugging, SQL tracing
- Knowledge of different database performance improvement techniques
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining testing environments - application software and system management tools
- Excellent ability in Logical and Physical Data Model creation
- Good technical writing and documentation skills
Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, or equivalent in work experience preferable.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please email@example.com.
Back to top