As a Database Engineer on the Compliance team, you’ll be embedded on an agile development team consisting of 40+ people. You’ll get to work directly with other development team members (developers, testers, business analysts) in delivering and maintaining functionality related to Tax Compliance. This team’s primary focus is working to keep UltiPro compliant with any new tax law changes in federal, state, and local jurisdictions. In this highly-collaborative environment, you will have the opportunity to grow as a Database Engineer and even help mentor others. As one of ourteam members, you will be part of our continued improvement, growth, and expansion of coverage for our HR and Payroll Software Solution.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2017 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a moderate functional knowledge for all of our supported areas in UltiPro related to Payroll and Tax.
- Work on escalated customer issues.
- Be a leader on the team for issues involving your technical area of expertise.
- Work closely with team members for debugging issues and determining root cause.
- Work with other development team(s) to help explain issues and determine next actions.
- Mentor junior Database Engineers in your areas of expertise.
- Participate in cross-training to expand your technical skillset.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, related fields, or relevant work experience.
- 5 or more years’ experience as a key Microsoft SQL engineer on enterprise projects
- Agile or Lean experience such as Kanban or Scrum Programming methodologies preferred
- Ability to write code and test your own work
- Teamwork is a must
- Related Microsoft certifications
- MySQL, MongoDB
- C#, Java
- Knowledge of OOP design patterns
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related fields
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Rapid Response Professional
DeAndrea provides support to customers in need of assistance with pay services, human resources, and employment databases—and also helps troubleshoot any problems implementing the software.
Back to top