Database Administrator Ii
Ultimate Software is seeking a Database Administrator II to join the Technology Services team.The database administrator requires a background in SQL Server database administration complemented with experience in other database systems. The selected individual will be responsible for ensuring high availability of our corporate managed database servers.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2018 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Installation and upgrade of corporate managed databases and database servers following established standards.
- Design, implement and maintain multi-site high availability database clusters for multiple database management systems.
- Problem management through troubleshooting and root cause analysis on database and underlying server related issues
- Work non-traditional hours (after hours and weekends) when necessary, including a rotating on-call schedule.
- Provide coaching and guidance to application developers, ETL developers and data analysts regarding database methodologies, best practices on performance tuning, query optimization, index tuning, caching, buffer tuning, etc.
- Provide technical guidance in planning and implementing strategic technology initiatives including but not limited to upgrading, patching, security, consolidation.
- Provide guidance in the direction, engineering and support for enterprise data management solutions.
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- 5+ years in Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration and support role.
- 5+ year experience working with scripting languages (TSQL, Power shell)
- 1+ years of experience working with the following (but not limited to) technologies: MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, CouchDB, MemSQL and other Open Source technologies
- Experience managing 100+ production database servers at a single organization with multiple SQL versions.
- Experience with Windows Servers and Windows Clustering
- Experience with cloud based platforms and virtual environments (VMWare, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, BigQuery)
- Experience developing and implementing DR and HA strategies
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related discipline preferred.
- MCSA, MCSE, or MCITP preferred
- Have a broad range of knowledge across data warehousing, SSRS, Tableau and other BI technologies.
- Have a solid understanding of SQL replication , AlwaysOn, database mirroring and log shipping.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Back to top