Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2018 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with various business units to deliver actionable insights that lead to high quality business decisions
- Wrangle and integrate data from various data sources using sound software engineering practice
- Build and operationalize predictive and prescriptive models for a variety of internal stakeholders
- Drive continuous improvement through measurement and monitoring
- Hypothesize, experiment and learn iteratively and quickly, without being afraid to fail
- Tell stories with analytics and insights, adapting level of detail to the proper audience
- Master's degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Statistics
- 3+ years in the role of Data Scientist with hands-on experience in full lifecycle development and deployment of real-world corporate applications using machine learning models and pipelines; customer segmentation and targeting modeling is a plus
- 4+ years of experience working with programming languages such as Python, Scala, or R
- 3+ years experience with machine learning technologies such as ScikitLearn, TensorFlow, Keras, H2O.ai
- Strong adherence to core software engineering principles (code modularization, versioning etc.) is a must
- Experience working with SQL and relational database systems
- Experience working with big data and NoSQL systems such as Spark, Cassandra, MongoDB etc. is a plus
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Understanding of fundamentals of cloud (GCP, AWS) and container technologies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of one or more visualization tools such as Tableau or Looker
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Back to top