Data Science Engineer
Here at Ultimate Software, we use data science to make people's work lives better. We're a nimble, sharp, and passionate team looking for data scientists who want machine learning and statistical analysis to have a real impact on how work happens within organizations. Among other projects, you'll work on using Natural Language Processing on performance reviews to identify employees' true strengths, creating methods for statistical analysis on employee surveys to understand how workplaces could be improved, and building machine learning models to predict workforce dynamics such as attrition and productivity.
We look for folks who love finding creative and thoughtful solutions to a variety of technical and product challenges. If that sounds like you, apply today!
What you'll love about Ultimate Software:
- Amazing location: We're in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District. Walking distance to great food, nightlife, and SF landmarks such as the Ferry Building and one of the world's largest and oldest Chinatowns.
- Unbelievable benefits: Full premium health insurance coverage, 401K matching, commuter benefits, and too many others to name!
- Impact: We have the opportunity to work on early-stage products that can have huge impacts on a product used by people in leading organizations all over the world.
- Our culture: We care about the work we do, and especially the people we do it with. We laugh together and enjoy each other's company. We regularly host company and team outings, as well as various after- work events in the office.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #7 for 100 "Best Places to Work For in 2017." This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE's list. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of the "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
- Work with other data scientists and engineers to develop the core predictive analytics and other statistical functionality of our enterprise software platform
- Build machine learning models for analysis of unstructured text, extracting themes, sentiment, emotions, key terms, causal relationships, etc.
- Build tools using advanced statistical techniques that automatically analyze employee and survey data, extracting the information that predicts employee engagement, attrition, performance, etc.
- Design and architect software; write production code
- Experiment and prototype new ideas
- Meet with clients to stay in touch with the needs of the user
- Work with product and design teams to plan how to communicate data insights to non-experts
- Master's or Ph.D. in computer science, statistics, industrial/organizational psychology, artificial intelligence, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Background and passion for machine learning, natural language processing, or statistical modeling
- Experience in software engineering and bringing algorithmic code to production
- Experience working in Python, particularly tools like scikit, numpy, nltk, pandas, or gensim
- A desire to bring data-driven decision-making and analytics to improve people's lives at work
- Curiosity, friendliness, and a desire to collaborate with a dynamic team
- Occasional travel may be expected
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top