Ultimate Software is seeking a data engineer who will aid in the creation of an Enterprise Data Warehouse to support internal reporting and analysis needs, be involved in all aspects of Enterprise Information Management (EIM) including Master Data Management (MDM), BI development, ETL development, and support database development efforts in other groups.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Design, develop and support all database objects required for reporting and integrations.
- Design, develop and support all extraction and integration processes (ETL).
- Perform data analysis and propose and ensure transformation covers all data possibilities including managing data anomalies.
- Perform relational and multidimensional modeling and schema creation.
- Development of cube dimensions, measure groups, calculations, and any data management code for the partitioning schemes.
- Design indexes and aggregations.
- Work closely with Technical Architects, QA, Business Intelligence Analysts, BI/Report Designers, Data Stewards, Database developers, Database Administrators and support staff throughout the full Data warehouse life cycle.
- Work closely with security and change management teams to ensure processes, procedures, and best practices all conform to audits that Ultimate Software is required to pass (ISO 27001, SAS70, and SOX compliance).
- 3+ years writing T-SQL
- Advanced knowledge of relational database systems such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Advanced experience using Microsoft SQL Server (2008, 2012, 2014)
- Experience using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft Visual Studio
Education/Certification/License: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related discipline preferred.
Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request
Back to top