Ultimate Software is seeking a Distinguished Data Architect to lead our Data Architecture discipline, focused on designing and implementing a modern data lake and warehouse.
This position demands strong leadership with the ability to collaborate across the organization. You will be working with current and emerging technologies, and guiding teams to delivery. Excellent analytical skills, team orientation, flexibility, innovative thinking, problem solving, conflict management, and self-motivation are required. The opportunity requires you to be able to contribute at a senior level, to design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug complex data issues, at the enterprise level. You will be working directly with our Data Insights team to implement the next generation of data visualization and insights. As an architect you will collaborate with both product, engineering and operations teams so great communication skills are a necessity. This position is not for the faint of heart. If you have a strong understanding of how to create a modern data architecture, you may be a perfect fit for this role!
This job is available in our Fort Lauderdale, Florida Offices.
Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 for "100 Best Places to Work For" in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials," #5 on Fortune's "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity," and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
- Lead designing of all aspects of our data solution including artifact creation such as diagrams, playbook's and other technical documents
- Build consensus around solutions where possible and giving direction when needed.
- Drive teams to implement a production quality data lake and data warehouses
- Partner with various business stakeholders and technology leaders to translate program requirements into scalable technical solutions and system designs
- Collaborate with other members of the Core Technologies Services team and development management, to evaluate solutions and gain consensus on technical solutions
- Research, design, test, and evaluate new technologies, platforms and third party products
- Work with technology teams to prototype and prove the viability of solutions
- Facilitate planning for production implementation of solutions
- Ensure alignment of solutions with Enterprise Architecture principles and guidelines
- Research and understand new technology trends and products
- Socialize information on technology trends and products
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
- 5+ years of experience leading development of a modern data architecture
- As a foundation you must have extensive knowledge with operationalizing a data lake in a production environment that spans multiple regions.
- Multiple years experience with Mongo and Hadoop are required, as well as considerable relational database experience is necessary.
- Additionally you will have to be able to help teams with the following tools as well:
- A key requirement is the ability to design & document how the above tools are scaled, sized and deployed.
- Experience standing up a data lake/warehouse in a private cloud environment is desirable.
- Additionally you must have the ability to create written specifications for optimal CPU, memory, storage and network usage.
- Also you will need to have the skills to troubleshoot and solve development and operational bottlenecks
- A thorough understanding of how to secure the data lake and warehouse is required. You also must have the ability to lead the teams in designing an optimal security implementation.
- Skilled at designing and implementing data backup and recovery in cross datacenter scenarios
- Limited travel upon request
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top