Corporate Tax Manager
Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of global accounting for income taxes under ASC 740 for multiple jurisdictions, including SEC reporting; reporting to taxation authorities at the federal, state, county, and local levels in a timely manner; and advising management on the tax impact of various corporate strategies.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2017 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume primary responsibility for reviewing and preparing consolidated financial tax provision reporting and disclosures for
- interim and annual financial statements
- Monitor and analyze tax regulatory and compliance developments and tax law changes, and documents their impact
- on the company
- Identify areas to improve efficiency and accuracy in tax reporting and compliance, including the use of technology-
- enabled solutions
- Coordinate the tax function’s control environment in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404
- Manage and review the accurate and timely filing of all federal and state income tax returns
- Manage federal and state income and sales tax examinations and responses to tax notices
- Participate in federal and state income tax research, including tax planning
- Assist with acquisition due diligence and planning
- Mentor and provide training and support to tax personnel
- Minimum of 6 years of combined public accounting and/or corporate experience with 3 or more years of direct experience in ASC 740
- Expertise in tax accounting principles, including ASC 740
- CPA license required
- Embodies our people first culture
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in tax software, Excel, and Word
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- B.S. in Accounting
- Masters in Taxation preferred
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Rapid Response Professional
DeAndrea provides support to customers in need of assistance with pay services, human resources, and employment databases—and also helps troubleshoot any problems implementing the software.
Back to top