Are you an experienced payroll tax filing professional with in depth knowledge of Federal/State/Local tax filing requirements? If you would like to work on a dynamic team helping keep our Tax Filing Service development team up to date with the latest regulations as mandated by Federal/State/Local jurisdictions, please apply for this Compliance Advisor position on Ultimate Software’s Development Team today.
The successful candidate will be responsible for researching and gathering in depth payroll tax filing knowledge that will lend itself to providing the most updated payroll tax filing information to our Tax Filing Service.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
- Researching legislation and regulations for Federal/State/Local Withholding Taxes related to filing US taxes.
- Working with Federal/State/Local jurisdictions in obtaining requirements for generating substitute forms needed for our Tax Filing Service for US taxes.
- Working closely with development, and Quality Assurance groups to ensure our Tax filing Service conforms to requirements.
- Providing subject matter expertise in US tax filing requirements with external and internal customers such as clients, support, education services, professional services, sales and other development groups.
- 3-5 years of experience working with US payroll.
- 3-5 years of reconciling and filing US payroll tax returns.
- 3-5 years of experience working with US payroll taxes in research or development
- 2 or more years working with a major HRMS application.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or designation is desirable.
- Able to interpret Technical Specifications from tax jurisdictions.
- Working knowledge of tax filing requirements.
- Conducting high quality payroll tax and regulatory research which requires detailed analysis and producing accurate research results.
- Highly skilled in verbal communication. Must be able to communicate thoughts, positions, and ideas clearly and professionally.
- Able to communicate to government organizations/representatives.
- Highly skilled in written communication.
- Superior project planning skills with the ability to handle a substantial work load, facilitate the activities of dynamic workgroups, and multi-task in a fast paced environment producing deliverables according to established timelines.
- Team player and collaborator within the Compliance Advisory Team as well as with other groups in development and within Ultimate Software.
- High degree of self-motivation to learn new methodologies that will enhance job performance and a “do what it takes” attitude to get the job done.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top