Reporting to the Director, Learning, the Community Manager will provide key stewardship of this new team as a critical component of and contributor to the Talent team as we scale to a $2 billion, 5,000+ person global leader.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2018 and #3 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #3 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
THE POSITION :
The Community Manager will be responsible for implementing the strategy and handling day-to-day operations, including community engagement practices, member development and enablement.
This is a hands-on, impactful role that will work closely with a broad cross-functional team including Customer Success & Support, IS, Marketing, Global Delivery, Product, and more. The Community Manager will also serve as the moderator for the customer community.
- Get things done in Ultimate's customer community - implement the strategy, create and foster the right culture, drive engagement, generate enthusiasm, encourage peer-to-peer activity, enforce policy, deal with the occasional crisis or unforeseen problem that arises, and more.
- Read and moderate posts and questions in the community, including groups, and use moderation tools appropriately.
- Interface regularly with US customers. Facilitate connections and be a key "face" of Ultimate Software's customer community by building strong relationships and leading productive conversations with community members.
- Identify potential programs and content to help drive growth of membership and engagement.
- Ensure all questions posted in the community are answered and every new member is welcomed.
- Implement strategies to create adoption and drive engagement. Motivate and engage users daily. Create excitement around community initiatives!
- Develop and maintain working relationships across Ultimate Software departments to identify, coordinate, and lead opportunities related to community.
- Work with the Learning Team to find new ways to educate customers, with Support to lighten their workload, and Communications to ensure a united front on customer-facing communications.
- Develop and maintain community operations best practices and processes. Communicate and conduct training on these.
- Mentor, support, and advise group managers to help them curate and optimize their respective groups.
- Support in-person and virtual community member meetings and webinars as needed.
- Serve as a resource for community programs and initiatives for Ultimate Software peeps, partners, and customers.
- 2-4 years full-time experience managing and growing online communities for business purposes, either B2B or B2C
- Hands-on experience implementing and managing community using Salesforce Community Cloud(certification is a plus)
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. member onboarding and advocacy programs, virtual and in-person community events, content and programing)
- Demonstrated abilities to execute on comprehensive plans and show results with attention to details
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, supported by a love of interacting with people
- Highly motivated, business focused, and flexible
- Strong team skills with demonstrated enthusiasm and ability to work in cross-functional, diverse organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, information technology or another relevant area
- Atlanta, Weston ideal. Remote will be considered.
- Up to 25% to US as it relates
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Rapid Response Professional
DeAndrea provides support to customers in need of assistance with pay services, human resources, and employment databases—and also helps troubleshoot any problems implementing the software.
Back to top