The Commission Accountant will provide support for the administration of the Sales Commission and Bonus Plans including interfacing with Sales Team personnel to ensure timely and accurate sales commission and bonus calculations. Ensures the integrity of the data used for commission and bonus processing and works to further streamline and improve current processes within each calculation cycle. The Commission Accountant will be a key member of the Accounting team.
Take a look at what our employees are saying: http://youtu.be/JrHGFIWX2R4
Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE’s “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2017 and #15 for “100 Best Places to Work For” in 2016. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials,” #5 on Fortune’s “50 Best Workplaces for Diversity,” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Calculate sales commissions and bonuses according to sales compensation plans and policies, ensuring commission and bonus calculations are done accurately and in a timely manner through partnerships with sales, and other departments
- Process commission month end closing, including preparing commission accruals, payables, journal entries, complex reconciliations and audit schedules
- Liaison with the sales force for commission related questions and discrepancies; Research and resolve commission related inquiries from sales teams including booking disputes, splits between sales teams and regions, quota credit clarifications, etc.
- Ensure commission expense is recognized in accordance with revenue recognition and US GAAP guidelines
- Other projects as necessary
- 2+ years of experience as a Commissions/Compensation Analyst or Accountant
- Experience working with commission software
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail required
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to research sales commission issues and communicate relevant conclusions, both verbally and in written format
- Tact, diplomacy, and ability to maintain strict confidentiality are critical
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience working with Callidus Cloud – Commissions is a plus
- BS in Accounting, Finance, Business or related fields
Travel Requirement: None
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top