Cloud Reliability Engineer
Ultimate Software is looking for a Cloud Engineer to work as part of a team that will primarily focus on logging and monitoring utilizing open source technologies and software.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Developing, scaling, and maintaining the deployment and configuration of open source technologies such as ELK, Sensu, Chef, InfluxDB, and Grafana.
- Automate the management and deployment of cloud computing infrastructure.
- Develop scripts to perform repeated functions and identify trends for automatic remediation of events.
- Develop and implement tools and techniques to continuously improve Ultimate Software’s growing infrastructure.
- Proactive monitoring of production systems with a sense of urgency when issues arise; environment consists of several thousand production systems and nodes.
- Strong Linux administration experience.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Salt, or Ansible.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, or Ruby.
- Familiar with RDBMS and NoSQL including MS SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Familiar with open source concepts and technologies.
- Develop scripts to perform repeated functions and identified trends for automatic remediation of events.
- Ideal candidate has experience working in enterprise virtual environment.
- Candidate should be familiar with common Cmdlets for managing registry, services, event logs, and Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
- Strong scripting experience and be comfortable using PowerShell to build custom tools and utilities, manipulate application objects, and evoke SQL commands.
- Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to emerging technologies
- Process and procedure driven
- Has solid, analytical thought process in response to challenges or problems.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively and able to operate in a fast-paced, intensely deadline-oriented work environment
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment and partner effectively with others
- Ability to communicate effectively (listening, presenting, and questioning)
- Ability to be flexible in a negotiating environment.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Positive team participation skills
- Strong organizational, written, and communication skills.
- A.S./B.S. in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field preferred.
- 5+ Years Experience in Open Source technologies.
- 2+ Years Experience in Windows environments.
- 2+ Years Experience in Linux environments.
- Limited Travel upon request.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top