Cloud Reliability Engineer
Ultimate Software is looking for a Cloud Engineer to work as part of a team that will primarily focus on logging and monitoring utilizing open source technologies and software.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Developing, scaling, and maintaining the deployment and configuration of open source technologies such as ELK, Sensu, Chef, InfluxDB, and Grafana.
- Automate the management and deployment of cloud computing infrastructure.
- Develop scripts to perform repeated functions and identify trends for automatic remediation of events.
- Develop and implement tools and techniques to continuously improve Ultimate Software’s growing infrastructure.
- Proactive monitoring of production systems with a sense of urgency when issues arise; environment consists of several thousand production systems and nodes.
- Strong Linux administration experience.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Salt, or Ansible.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, or Ruby.
- Familiar with RDBMS and NoSQL including MS SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Familiar with open source concepts and technologies.
- Develop scripts to perform repeated functions and identified trends for automatic remediation of events.
- Ideal candidate has experience working in enterprise virtual environment.
- Candidate should be familiar with common Cmdlets for managing registry, services, event logs, and Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
- Strong scripting experience and be comfortable using PowerShell to build custom tools and utilities, manipulate application objects, and evoke SQL commands.
- Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to emerging technologies
- Process and procedure driven
- Has solid, analytical thought process in response to challenges or problems.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively and able to operate in a fast-paced, intensely deadline-oriented work environment
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment and partner effectively with others
- Ability to communicate effectively (listening, presenting, and questioning)
- Ability to be flexible in a negotiating environment.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Positive team participation skills
- Strong organizational, written, and communication skills.
- A.S./B.S. in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field preferred.
- 5+ Years Experience in Open Source technologies.
- 2+ Years Experience in Windows environments.
- 2+ Years Experience in Linux environments.
- Limited Travel upon request.
Back to top