Ultimate Software is seeking a Part Time Cloud Engineer to work in Weston in our Network Operations Center (NOC) department.
Please note: This role is part-time and the work hours are 8AM to 4pm, four shifts per week (Working both Saturday and Sunday are required).
Ultimate Software's NOC provides world-class monitoring and front line problem analysis and remediation for infrastructure and application platforms, leveraging industry-standard system and application monitoring tools and utilities. Primary responsibilities of this role include troubleshooting environmental issues, analyzing infrastructure and application alerts, executing tasks via scripting, performing post change quality assurance testing, and providing immediate response for incidents in a 24/7/365 atmosphere. Platforms include Microsoft Windows operating systems, Linux, Microsoft SQL Server, IIS, VMWare, Openstack, SolidFire, NetApp, Juniper, F5, Dell, and Java-based systems. This position is demanding and plays an integral role in the success of our organization.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactive monitoring of production and development systems with a sense of urgency when issues arise; environment consists of several thousand production systems and nodes.
- Issue-driven communication to ensure active engagement by escalation staff and timely and effective updates to management.
- Build reports and perform trend analysis of system and application events.
- Provide customer support and escalation for our client base.
- Perform post-change product functionality testing.
- Troubleshoot application and infrastructure related incidents.
- Regularly interface with Tier 2 and Tier 3 support personnel.
- Execute planned changes.
- Execute automated tasks via scripting; including remediation and testing.
- Problem analysis and remediation.
- Position requires after hours work and weekends (flexible schedule).
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Position entails working each Saturday and Sunday (plus 2 additional shifts M-F) during our shift which runs from 8:00AM – 4:00PM.
- Provide immediate response/remediation/ and escalation for incidents occurring in the environment.
- Ideal candidate will possess experience working in an enterprise environment of a least 100 servers, with 4+ years in a technical support position.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience working with Windows 2003 Server and Active Directory.
- Experience working with Microsoft Internet Information Server a plus.
- 2+ years' working with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or higher preferred
- 4+ years' experience working with VMWare or another virtualization platform.
- Experienced in supporting browser-based applications.
- 3+ years' experience working with enterprise network monitoring tools (Solarwinds Orion, Microsoft SCCM/SCOM, Nagios).
- 2+ years' working with scripting languages (VB Script, Powershell, Python).
- Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to emerging technologies.
- 2+ years' experience working with Linux operating systems; ex, Ubuntu.
- Process and Procedure driven.
- Must have excellent skills in problem analysis and troubleshooting complex technical issues.
- Experience working with SQL Management Studio is a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting issues with and supporting Juniper network devices as well as working with SAN-based technologies is a plus.
- Experience working with enterprise Network Load-Balancers, e.g., F5 and Cisco is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or related Technology Degree preferred.
- Preferred Microsoft certifications: MCP, MCSE, or MCDBA.
Travel Requirement: None
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top