Ultimate Software is seeking a Part Time Cloud Engineer to work in our Network Operations Center (NOC) department. Ultimate Software’s NOC provides world-class monitoring and front line problem analysis and remediation for infrastructure and application platforms, leveraging industry-standard system and application monitoring tools and utilities. Primary responsibilities of this role include troubleshooting environmental issues, analyzing infrastructure and application alerts, executing tasks via scripting, performing post change quality assurance testing, and providing immediate response for incidents in a 24/7/365 atmosphere. Platforms include Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft SQL Server, IIS, VMWare, Cisco, Juniper, F5, Dell, and Java-based systems. This position is demanding and plays an integral role in the success of our organization.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Proactive monitoring of production systems with a sense of urgency when issues arise; environment consists of several thousand production systems and nodes.
- Issue-driven communication to ensure active engagement by escalation staff and timely and effective updates to management.
- Build reports and perform trend analysis of system and application events.
- Provide after-hours support and escalation for our client base.
- Perform post-change product functionality testing.
- Troubleshoot application and infrastructure related incidents.
- Regularly interface with Tier 2 and Tier 3 support personnel.
- Execute planned changes.
- Execute automated tasks via scripting; including remediation and testing.
- Problem analysis and remediation.
- Position requires after hours work and weekends (flexible schedule).
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Provide immediate response/remediation/ and escalation for incidents occurring in the environment.
- Ideal candidate will possess experience working in an enterprise environment of a least 100 servers, with 2+ years in a technical support position.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with Windows 2003 Server and Active Directory.
- Experience working with Microsoft Internet Information Server a plus.
- 1+ years’ working with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or higher preferred
- 1+ years’ experience working with VMWare or another virtualization platform a plus.
- Experienced in supporting browser-based applications.
- Experience working with enterprise network monitoring tools (Orion and Altiris a plus).
- Experience working with Cisco devices and NAS/SAN a plus.
- Experience working with scripting languages (VB Script,Powershell) preferred
- Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to emerging technologies.
- Process and Procedure driven.
- Must have excellent skills in problem analysis and troubleshooting complex technical issues.
- Experience working with SQL Management Studio is a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting issues with and supporting Cisco network devices and SAN-based technologies is a plus.
- Experience working with enterprise Network Load-Balancers, e.g., F5 and Cisco is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment and partner effectively with others
- Ability to communicate effectively (listening, presenting and questioning)
- Ability to manage conflict effectively by maintaining a level of civility and professional respect
- Ability to be flexible in a negotiating environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Positive team participation skills
- Strong organizational, written and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or related Technology Degree preferred.
- Preferred Microsoft certifications: MCP, MCSE, or MCDBA.
Travel Requirement: None
Back to top